1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Media Centre problems

Donnythemanny May 21, 2020

1. Donnythemanny

Donnythemanny Member

So, Audi A6 50. Beast of a car. But... I have digital cockpit and up to a few days ago my iPhone was playing back in the car my iTunes library via Bluetooth. Absolutely no problems at all. For a few days now nothing. It sees the tracks and the artist but not the albums. And selecting a track , it doesn't load. This happens on every artist, every track. The volume control is greyed out. Tried a reboot on the iPhone (7 plus) and still nothing.
    It sees my phone for phone numbers and works fine with that. It 'sees' my phone when I start the car. Their is no sim card, no cubic connect enabled but that was always the case.

Anyone any ideas ? I wonder if some form of MMI re-boot would work but I don't know how to do it.

Grateful for anyone's help.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

You can try a reboot of the MMI by switching it on, then once loaded up, press and hold the volume button for about 20 seconds.
    Has your phone had a software update? Things like this only usually stop working if something has changed.
    Good luck,
    Dave

4. elan2s

elan2s Active Member

Apple released an iPhone update a few days ago. May be worth restarting the phone again and also deleting and then repairing it with the car

5. Donnythemanny

Donnythemanny Member

MMI reset but did not solve problem

6. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

I think this is going to be the issue, if re-pairing doesn't work, then something in the update has broken it. I'm not familiar with Apple products, but is there a feedback option in the app store, so you can raise it on the myAudi app?

7. elan2s

elan2s Active Member

There is an option to rate the app/comment but the issue you mention is not an issue with the myAudi App but one to do with the factory installed AMI interface. Have you tried using a wired connection via the USB socket rather than bluetooth to see if you get the same issue. Ultimately the issue is probably an Apple one and not an Audi one