mat cheeseman s build thread

Had mine just over 3 months
Warranty ran out so i got a full service done

..two front stableizers replaced due to worn bushes
Oil pump shaft modified
Every single fluid changed

Now my rear os suspension is 40mm lower than the other side(maybe only 20mm lower but with it hanging lower it had raised the other side up)

Had a visual check
Nothing broke snapped or buckled ..hmmm

Ha, both mine (saloon) and my friends (avant) B7s have similiar suspension oddities....

When mine was in a VAG bodyshop the qaulity guy there was a full on Vag geek, he mentioned it & reckons its had a non genuine replacement rear spring at some point.

well in 2 weeks it goes in for the chain tensioner rail to be done.

but on another note a friend is making me some wheel spacers :)

well had my tensioner done now so much quieter but now smokes a bit more but that's due to needing all 6 injectors as apprently all 6 have failed at the same time

hard to believe all six injectors failed at the same time......I'd get another opinion to be honest.

Always best to replace injectors as a set on engines with a history of failed injectors as there are faulty batches .

Yeah I know but atm I can't afford the 3.5k audi want to do it

well few updates as of late I suppose.

audi did a chain tensioner guide as it was worn. they did say that the chain was still good and no other signs of wear.

had to change a drive shaft as had 2 bad joints and for me it's quicker just to change a shaft.

need new rear lights as got bulbs blown
still need injectors as I'm getting poo mpg atm lol
and I do have a strange knocking noise when right lock. not full lock just off abit and I really can't figure it out at all.
Oh and from 40mph above I have a slight vibration which is starting to annoy me. I do have a suspicion that my wheels are not sitting on their spigot rings nicely as they are very worn. so I'm waiting for new spacers and new wheels and tyres.
or it could be a prop bearing knowing my luck

today it had a clean :)

well few updates as of late I suppose.

audi did a chain tensioner guide as it was worn. they did say that the chain was still good and no other signs of wear.

had to change a drive shaft as had 2 bad joints and for me it's quicker just to change a shaft.

need new rear lights as got bulbs blown
still need injectors as I'm getting poo mpg atm lol
and I do have a strange knocking noise when right lock. not full lock just off abit and I really can't figure it out at all.
Oh and from 40mph above I have a slight vibration which is starting to annoy me. I do have a suspicion that my wheels are not sitting on their spigot rings nicely as they are very worn. so I'm waiting for new spacers and new wheels and tyres.
or it could be a prop bearing knowing my luck

today it had a clean :)
knocking is a audi special if it the front passenger side cv joint still trying to work mine out as had 4 garage look into mine had brakes and suspension all removed nothing broke or worn and still a odd knock as for the vibration could be a bearing or uneven tyre wear as I had when changed my back tyres to front.

well I knew I had one bad cv joint so I got 2 Jr drive shafts so I can fully refurb the audi ones with audi joints. did one that was ****** so I'll change there one just so both fronts are refurbished as the more I get into this car the more agro it's causing I really bought a lemon

vibration wise when I first got it it was so bad and i luckily had new tyres the same size as what was on the car so swapped them. but I don't think it's been balanced properly at all cause it still had it abit

also when I did control arms ( a garage did after I ****** it up haha) and engine mounts it got better yet again

now I did the front shaft it's got even better but I still think it's the spigot rings as I got more vibration at 70 to 75 but less or none from 40 to 65 and a but from 80 .

I just don't think they are sitting properly in the wheel but I'm saving for new alloys and found the ones I want just need the money for the tyres I want now

I'm slowly making it better and better :) does need new shocks and injectors next really as I'm noticing poo mpg lately