1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making any exhaust 'straight through'?

Raiden Nov 13, 2017

1. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Just a general question really. I saw on youtube a guy with a RS4 and he made the stock exhaust system straight through and he said he gained a little bit HP.

Could it be done on any car? Thought that might a nice mod with out changing anything

DieselJake likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Perhaps O/T but miltek decat pipes for RS3 are only £150 and just bolt on. Simple cheap solution although not sure what car you have? Miltek might have sorted it ...

TX.

Edit - on topic don't they just gut the cats?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

4. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

I have a S3 8P. Thought I could be cheeky and maybe have it done and not tell the insurance company

5. jimmcgee

jimmcgee Active Member

6. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

This was the car in question

Anyone's on here?

7. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

The majority of exhausts can be made straight through but depending on the model it may need pipes and stuff welded through say the backbox and maybe other parts, also of course a fair bit of cutting through bits and bobs. Some exhausts also have parts that become more narrow in size so personally I've always just had a cheap(ish) straight pipe made up custom (and generally between half an inch to an inch bigger) however depending where you live the price varies allot with exhausts.