MAF and knock sensor problems??

Alright mate I am having almost the same problem as you.before I bought the car it had a revo remap stage one also intercooler dump valve badger 5 80mm induction .the owner took it in cause it started to run lumpy.It was plugged in and it picked up that the mag readings where real low and a knock sensor showed hi.He took the car away replaced maf and some vacuum hoses.He also redone the timing as it had had a new timing belt done so he figured that was what the knock sensor picked up.Present day i,i took my car in to get the stage two software update they plugged the car in then informed me that nothing had been done to the car as the readings where the same as 8000 miles ago when the car had first came in.I spoke to tuner he now says I need to bring it in for a £50 diagnostic.Do you have any advice I can pass on to the tuner when I get the car to him .Sorry it's a bit long winded and I hope my grammar is up to scratch,i got told off for not doing sentences!thanks in advance

Not surprised you got told off this is awful lol...

You do need to try for sentences dude, makes it much easier to read and less likely that someone will get fed up and ignore it...

This is a reeeeeeealy old post!!... one of the very few I think I have ever done asking for help lol :)

Anyway, if you had read the post (I am assuming not else we wouldn't be here) the issue with the MAF was the map... the issue with the knock sensor was sorted by re-wiring it... info is in this thread so won't be going over that again...

As for your timing issues... I answered your original post here..
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/help.293055/#post-2839275

...my posted response still stands based on the information you supplied..

As for giving the tuner advice... I'd be a bit concerned if the tuner didn't know how to deal with this... any tuner worth dealing with should be able to handle this stuff tbh...

I forgot to add the power windows are slow the window wipers struggle big time could this all be connected ie some sort of electrical fault?

Probably... a bad earth maybe but you would need to go over the wiring bit by bit to check I would imagine...

<tuffty/>

This is a reeeeeeealy old post!!... one of the very few I think I have ever done asking for help lol :)

You don't understand how weird it is seeing you ask for advice.

You don't understand how weird it is seeing you ask for advice.

Just goes to prove... we all have to start somewhere... I didn't know anything about turbo cars or cars with such 'sophisticated' ECU's etc... was all very new...

Thankfully I have picked up a few things over the years :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: AdzA3AGU
Not surprised you got told off this is awful lol...

You do need to try for sentences dude, makes it much easier to read and less likely that someone will get fed up and ignore it...

Anyway, if you had read the post (I am assuming not else we wouldn't be here) the issue with the MAF was the map... the issue with the knock sensor was sorted by re-wiring it... info is in this thread so won't be going over that again...

As for your timing issues... I answered your original post here..
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/help.293055/#post-2839275

...my posted response still stands based on the information you supplied..

As for giving the tuner advice... I'd be a bit concerned if the tuner didn't know how to deal with this... any tuner worth dealing with should be able to handle this stuff tbh...

Probably... a bad earth maybe but you would need to go over the wiring bit by bit to check I would imagine...

<tuffty/>
OK mate thanks for advice off to my English class now !!!

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Just goes to prove... we all have to start somewhere... I didn't know anything about turbo cars or cars with such 'sophisticated' ECU's etc... was all very new...

Thankfully I have picked up a few things over the years :)

<tuffty/>

God forbid anybody looks at my original posts!! ohh what a little scrote I was

Was...? ;)

<tuffty/>

Niiiiiiiicceeee.

Thank fully mine is running problem free atm, went down B5 on 30th with new MAF ( Previous one was out by about 15%) and new pump ( Old one was leaning out at about 5500rpm) and now thats all done I'm maxing my injectors at 6k RPM.

I'm not gonna bother going any further I think, I cant afford to go BT and 275bhp and 280 IB-Ft is about all the K04 is going to give me.

Niiiiiiiicceeee.

Thank fully mine is running problem free atm, went down B5 on 30th with new MAF ( Previous one was out by about 15%) and new pump ( Old one was leaning out at about 5500rpm) and now thats all done I'm maxing my injectors at 6k RPM.

I'm not gonna bother going any further I think, I cant afford to go BT and 275bhp and 280 IB-Ft is about all the K04 is going to give me.

Its always something isn't it... ****** cars!! lol... as long as you are enjoying the car then thats all that matters... you don't need nearly 600hp... but its nice all the same MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

<tuffty/>

Its always something isn't it... ****** cars!! lol... as long as you are enjoying the car then thats all that matters... you don't need nearly 600hp... but its nice all the same MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

<tuffty/>

never had that kind of power so I'm gonna go with ignorance is bliss haha.