Lowering springs.

A19quattro

Reaction score
Hi Damien,
I wonder if you can assist. I have S3 suspensin on the rear of my A3 TDI (2005 quattro) which should be -35mm from standard. The car is an S-Line so was originally -25mm if my information is correct. There is a lengthy story her which I will try not to bore you with teh detials but I have Bilstein struts for the front which are OEM S-Line replacements, so I am looking for springs to suit i.e. -35mm, what would you recommend? I shoudl say it's a road car and I am not looking to particulalry stiffen it up any, I am tempted to just buy Audi S-Line springs as I know it would ride OK but if it just sat that bit lower it would look better. Thanks in advance.

Ok, we are thinking along the same lines so that's good. Is it possible to buy just the front pair? I nearly bought the H&Rs a few weeks ago and was told if I bought the set and say broke one later I would be able to buy just one, now I am being told to buy them in this way they could take 6 weeks to supply and for that reason I would be better with Eibachs. I had these on a Golf before and one broke a few months after fitting, granted it was a warranty replacement but they insisted on replacing the front 2, which for me meant more work and the car out of action for longer, any experience of this kind of thing?

We only sell the full H&R sets but we can get the front Eibach springs for you.

By the sounds of it the your suspension seems a bit of a mix so personally I'd try and keep everything the same if possible so in other words the same brand dampers all round and then the same brand springs all round.

Damian @ DPM Performance