Low pressure in engine help please

Tony5496

Reaction score
Hi all I was just wondering if someone could help me out. I've got the oil symbol flashing red for low pressure in engine. On Audi 1.8 T it seems strange it's come on after an oil and filter change could a Wrong oil filter cause this problem ? it just seems strange that is come on after doing the oil and filter any help would be great

People have already pointed out to you that it's the pick up pipe and strainer that needs changing. Very common on the 1.8T engine. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR AT ALL until you have had a sump drop and the parts replaced. No matter how you change the wording of the question, the answer will always come back to the pick up pipe and strainer are blocked.

If you're not confident in carrying the work and don't want to use a garage, ask around and a forum member who lives close by may come and assist you/do the work for you for beer tokens, tea and biscuits.

Reactions: Tony5496
Yes thanks very much for reply yes is there a section on the forum where I could find out if there is anyone is in East Sussex that would help out as don't really wanna take it to the garage as it stuck in my own garage and would pay someone to do the job for me at home many thanks :beerchug: