Love this weather with the S3 and Conti's...

Hmm I was looking at getting the wife Asy 3's for her car (she could do with some rim protection!) the 2's gave quite a bit, she has one on the rear now, wonder if it's worth going with the 2's over the 3's.
If you can get the 2's, definitely do so if you're wanting rim protection, the 3's don't have any despite them saying so. I couldn't find them on TyresOnTheDrive when I looked.

If you can get the 2's, definitely do so if you're wanting rim protection, the 3's don't have any despite them saying so. I couldn't find them on TyresOnTheDrive when I looked.

Also looked at the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 and Conti Sport Contact 5's. Mrs has a C-Max so not a 'performance' car but want to know she's gonna stay on the road, they would have to be 235/40/18's :tired:

Michelin PS4s are highly recommended - I have these on my car now running on 19” Y rated235/40 - the steering feel and sharpness is improved markedly over the Continental Sport Contact 5 and the grip is awesome - sharp high speed corners are nothing to them although I don’t have them on an A3

Are we talking about summer tyres?

Because from what I've experienced on (diesel) cars, Continental TS860 is by far the superior winter tyre (and I've owned pretty much every premium winter tyre so far in 16" or 17" size - GY UltraGrip 9, Michelin Alpin A5, you name it). Never felt so assuring while driving on icy roads as I do with Continentals.

I have used Conti WinterContact TS830's and TS850's on my van and Skoda VRS and have just fired a full set of the TS860's on to my A3.

They are really good. I will put a full set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on in the spring. I have them on the VRS, Boxster and they are pretty good too.