lost a fight with a big kerb - side skirt required

Steven87

Reaction score
As the title suggests I had an altercation with a big nasty kerb and it won. I'll grace you with pictures when I get a chance to at home or if there's an easy way via mobile please enlighten me.

I haven't had it looked at yet for repair but a new skirt will be required. My car is a facelift saloon in Daytona Grey. Can anyone advise on the following?
  • Will a pre facelift saloon skirt be the same?
  • Is the hatch skirt the same? (unlikely but thought I'd ask)
  • Is the s-line skirt the same as the S3?
As well as the skirt damage the sill has creased up over, I'm hoping this can be repaired easily.

Cheers all.

While my S3 saloon is the dealer getting seen to I have been given an A3 S-Line hatch and the side skirt for the hatch is not the same as the S3 saloon.

It is dramatically less pronounced on the non S3.

From looking at photos on google images it looks as though the A3 saloon s-line has the same skirts.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Fairly sure S line and S3 are the same "kit"... That's the whole idea of S line

From looking at photos on google images it looks as though the A3 saloon s-line has the same skirts.
S3 and S-line Sedans have the same side skirts mate, sportback and hatchback have, different side skirts, a pre facelift S3/Sline cars has the exact same sideskirts

Reactions: richinsoton, Steven87 and azibux1
I hit/ran over a bollard and damaged my sill. Cost £2,500 to fix, although it needed a bit of panel spraying as well.
This was a a premium repair place.

I still haven't had a chance to get it looked at but I fear its gonna end up being an insurance job.