Looking for part (DRL PS19W female connector)

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,

As the title suggests im looking for the DRL female connector for the bulb. My current one is damaged and I cannot find the part number. The connector itself has 'delphi PBT-GF20 OR PBT-OF20'.

I've looked on oemparts under headlight, whilst it lists the bulb it does not list the connector. Had a look under wiring for the engine, nothing which looks like this connector.

If anyone has the part number it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best to buy a used headlight & use the part of that or swap headlight out.

These connectors aren't widely known of, given they're generally proprietary for one application mostly.

Reactions: soulwaffle
Hey if it fits then go for it, however a cheap headlight will also do the trick, upto you.

Hey if it fits then go for it, however a cheap headlight will also do the trick, upto you.

So, that connector didnt work. However, a chap I work with managed to get the pin's out. So, solder the pin's back on and insert pins back into connector? He said the pin's are spring loaded, he got two very fine pin's...slid them down either side, managed to squeeze them and get out the pin. Took him around 10 minutes.

Well, the crimp connector being crimped doesnt help. I'm trying to find what type of crimp connector this is but im having very little luck. Any suggestions? Pics attached...

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 84
I know the pin end, but you should be able to solder to that one, looks like there's enough of a head to do.

I'll check which end that is, cant recall, which wire does that feed as they're wire gauge dependent, could be a 000979150 or 151, needs checking.

That part number is close but notice in my attachment the '3 grooves' on the Front.jpg.

Also, I was hoping to crimp as opposed to soldering ....although, i might be a little stuck. The connector itself is a delphi pbt-gf20

I assume you are talking about the plug (inside the Hella headlight unit) which connects to the DRL bulb PS19W. This plug also has two protrusions which lock the bulb into its position in the headlight unit. The problem is that there are part numbers within part numbers. Delphi make the plastic plug under number PBT-GF 20 and then it is used inside a Hella light unit and Hella use the part number (which they stamp on the outside of the plug) 168133. The problem you have is that these things are small internal components of the Hella headlight unit - and Hella will only sell you the main headlight unit - I know I have contacted them about this.

I was trying to fit LED DRLs to my car and access is so poor to the back of the nearside headlight unit that continual manipulation of the bulb holder (it is hard to twist back into position) caused the weak wiring to break away from the back of the DRL connector 168133 (PBT-GF 20). Eventually I had to remove the whole bumper followed by the headlight unit.

After weeks of searching I managed to buy a 2nd hand bulb (which was conveniently cut from the loom to include the rear connector) via Ebay. I then got a professional auto electrician to join it to my internal headlight unit wiring for a couple of quid.

I suspect that both the DRL and orange indicator bulbs use an identical connector at the headlight unit loom end, but that the indicator plug is grey (and not black) and has slightly longer fitting protrusions which need to be cut back very slightly to twist into the DRL location.

I've never encountered a lighting bulb problem as complicated as this! :crying:

Another morning, another hunt for this holder or its pins. I might cave and just go to a breaker yard and pick up a broken headlight.

I assume you are talking about the plug (inside the Hella headlight unit) which connects to the DRL bulb PS19W. This plug also has two protrusions which lock the bulb into its position in the headlight unit. The problem is that there are part numbers within part numbers. Delphi make the plastic plug under number PBT-GF 20 and then it is used inside a Hella light unit and Hella use the part number (which they stamp on the outside of the plug) 168133. The problem you have is that these things are small internal components of the Hella headlight unit - and Hella will only sell you the main headlight unit - I know I have contacted them about this.

I was trying to fit LED DRLs to my car and access is so poor to the back of the nearside headlight unit that continual manipulation of the bulb holder (it is hard to twist back into position) caused the weak wiring to break away from the back of the DRL connector 168133 (PBT-GF 20). Eventually I had to remove the whole bumper followed by the headlight unit.

After weeks of searching I managed to buy a 2nd hand bulb (which was conveniently cut from the loom to include the rear connector) via Ebay. I then got a professional auto electrician to join it to my internal headlight unit wiring for a couple of quid.

I suspect that both the DRL and orange indicator bulbs use an identical connector at the headlight unit loom end, but that the indicator plug is grey (and not black) and has slightly longer fitting protrusions which need to be cut back very slightly to twist into the DRL location.

I've never encountered a lighting bulb problem as complicated as this! :crying:

I feel your pain.