Looking for an S4 officianado!

DamianS4

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2001 Facelift S4 avant and I am looking for someone who knows these cars to give me maybe an hour of their time to look at a few niggling issues and give me a verdict - I am based i Bmth and Bracknell - anyone within an hour of either - I would willingly travel to get good knowledge and advice.

The key areas are the:

Nav Plus - I don't live in the English Channel and want to verify its state - or that of the GPS antennae
Analog TV tuner - I know the signal is on the way out - but I want to qualify the unit before making a decision - again with the GPS antennae
Tailgate - rear wiper arm and water jet are broken, i just want to get clarification on what's required here.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

The gps fault is common, get one of these SMB GPS Antenna Audi RNS BMW MK4 Blaupunkt VW mfd VDO f | eBay they are magnetic and fit just behind the glove box which is simple to remove.

Unless the car was retrofitted with rns-e you will have rns-d, and you cannot buy an OEM digital TV tuner for the rns-d There is an option to retrofit rns-e but you would need to get a faceplate made up, as this faceplate was never a perfect fit or the B5. If you do get an rns-e then you can retrofit the digital tv tuner however you would need some custom antennas to receive a signal.