Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Just rang up Audi uk as I still don’t have a build week and they said they are being allocated this week. More crazy unbelieve news unfortunately for me: the 3L TDI has a start of production for week 11. Then a 4-6 week wait that from what I’ve seen from those who actually have a car built won’t be 4-6 weeks...

I ordered on the 11th of March so it will be over a year from order to production let alone delivery. Really not sure what to do now.

Others that are still waiting on the larger engines should ring up Audi uk if they have not done already.

Reactions: Zippytoo
Last week I chased news on my S4 order from early April - I was promised by the dealer a call at the beginning of the week and, guess what? No call. I'll give till tomorrow and chase, yet again... In reality, it will be well over 12 months between order and delivery, if it happens at all.

Just rang up Audi uk as I still don’t have a build week and they said they are being allocated this week. More crazy unbelieve news unfortunately for me: the 3L TDI has a start of production for week 11. Then a 4-6 week wait that from what I’ve seen from those who actually have a car built won’t be 4-6 weeks...

I ordered on the 11th of March so it will be over a year from order to production let alone delivery. Really not sure what to do now.

Others that are still waiting on the larger engines should ring up Audi uk if they have not done already.
That's just crazy, I remember the spreadsheet I posted up of expected build dates, the 3.0 was supposed to be the first models built!
Have you considered getting the dealer to do a good deal on an A6 instead?

I have an A5 Sportback with 3.0TDI engine on order with an expected build week on the 28th January. Surprised to hear on the A4's that production is delayed until after March. Ive seen others on the A5 Lead time forum start of with ridiculous proposed build dates which have then been rained in. Hopefully this is the same with the A4's.

That's just crazy, I remember the spreadsheet I posted up of expected build dates, the 3.0 was supposed to be the first models built!
Have you considered getting the dealer to do a good deal on an A6 instead?
Yeah, it’s pure madness. I’d be tempted by the A6 but the A4 is already pretty long for me plus I can’t see them doing as good of a deal as what I’ve got for the A4, specially with all the bits I speced :/

I haven't seen any deals out there that would compete with my car and the options I would wish to have, plus they're all ****** diesel's for C's sake. So it fails at the first hurdle...

I've been told that my car is now in production. Bw was next week.

A4, 150ps, saloon, manual

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimkinBokeh

When did you order it mate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDI or tfsi? I see the new Q3 has a manual 35TDI so why not A4?

Nice one. Has your build week changed on your website tracker? Just asking because my bw next week too

Spoke to my lease company today. Asked if they are seeing movement on finance docs. Told out of the 70 A4’s they have on order they have received 10 document packs through. Not holding my breath I will get mine January tbh.

Spoke to my lease company today. Asked if they are seeing movement on finance docs. Told out of the 70 A4’s they have on order they have received 10 document packs through. Not holding my breath I will get mine January tbh.

Same here, just waiting for finance docs and approval. If i am offered the car in feb i will just wait couple of weeks and get it in march for the new plate, but if this month will just accept it

Nice one. Has your build week changed on your website tracker? Just asking because my bw next week too
Nothing updated on the tracker... still says 'preparation'.

I ordered 26th April.

It's a petrol.

Last week I chased news on my S4 order from early April - I was promised by the dealer a call at the beginning of the week and, guess what? No call. I'll give till tomorrow and chase, yet again... In reality, it will be well over 12 months between order and delivery, if it happens at all.
I find this bizarre, I ordered an s4 in late June and collected it late September, guess I was just lucky

Nothing updated on the tracker... still says 'preparation'.

I ordered 26th April.

It's a petrol.

Find it weird that my app says 'preparation' and the website tracker says order received with Jan 14th as the BW.

Who told you it's been brought forward a week, was it Audi? Because my lease company contacted me and said "your car is built and is on way to dealership, we just want to confirm you still want it" I think they was scared I wasn't going to go ahead with the car because I gave up chasing them about it so think they made up an excuse to get in touch but it was BS.

Reactions: AntNut
I find this bizarre, I ordered an s4 in late June and collected it late September, guess I was just lucky

Wonder if they had a car in allocated build which they were able to tweak to your spec?

Just to answer your questions about the decals that go on the side of the back doors;

Essentially you'll have a brown envelope in the pocket in the boot, which you can put on yourself using the guides provided OR ask your dealer to do them

Reactions: RyanA4.87 and Inti786

I'd cancel it mate if I was you. Some great deals out there on leases on cars like the A6, plus there's a chance yours will be delayed even further as Audi have had a habit this year of extending things.

Find it weird that my app says 'preparation' and the website tracker says order received with Jan 14th as the BW.

Who told you it's been brought forward a week, was it Audi? Because my lease company contacted me and said "your car is built and is on way to dealership, we just want to confirm you still want it" I think they was scared I wasn't going to go ahead with the car because I gave up chasing them about it so think they made up an excuse to get in touch but it was BS.
Yeah that's the same as my trackers... they are out of sync. It was my dealer who let me know out of the blue.

Both trackers have now updated to be 'panel shop'.... woo hoo!!

Reactions: NevMan, Khaled, cuke2u and 1 other person
Both trackers have now updated to be 'panel shop'.... woo hoo!!

Haha just checked mine and I'm in the same boat!!! How strange. Hope this means we both get them a week earlier than expected mate.

Reactions: AntNut
More pics to follow just being offloaded now

Attachments

• BABF793C-12EF-4756-BE09-DFDF1EE0B135.png
    BABF793C-12EF-4756-BE09-DFDF1EE0B135.png
    662.1 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: JonaP, Torchbearer115, ijachelsea and 9 others
Mine's finally arrived at the dealer!!! Going to hound them for the finance documents so I can hopefully get delivery next week.

Reactions: Hambee1234, cuke2u and Khaled
Saw my first 68 plate A4 on the road yesterday, so glad they are finally filtering through for you guys...

Reactions: DaveW, Hambee1234 and NevMan
More pics to follow just being offloaded now

Happy you finally got it mate.
Hope you enjoy it.

That’s some good news for the rest of us, Atleast some are coming through !!

Reactions: Hambee1234
:racer:

cheers guys
some additional pics

I know a few guys ordered the black with the V spoke wheels and hope these help.

Welll chuffed now it’s here ... at last !!! :icon thumright:

Attachments

• D216748A-46F4-48EB-A840-3F3C1F62D5B4.jpeg
    D216748A-46F4-48EB-A840-3F3C1F62D5B4.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 192
  • E6BED3DE-D3A0-41DA-93CA-DFD06BE99A3A.jpeg
    E6BED3DE-D3A0-41DA-93CA-DFD06BE99A3A.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 8350A7E7-946F-477E-AE2C-1497FFA52E9F.png
    8350A7E7-946F-477E-AE2C-1497FFA52E9F.png
    977.3 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: NevMan, G.S, Khaled and 3 others
Very nice mate!! So pleased for you!!

Is it the 35 petrol by any chance? Waiting on finance docs for mine still. 35 petrol Stronic saloon..

Cheers

FYI

Attachments

• 57DD63CB-C938-4BDB-9270-5B1ADEC9D558.jpeg
    57DD63CB-C938-4BDB-9270-5B1ADEC9D558.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 765D75AF-6420-4B06-9023-7E379A44A8CE.png
    765D75AF-6420-4B06-9023-7E379A44A8CE.png
    779.2 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: NevMan, Khaled, Raees patel and 2 others
Very nice mate!! So pleased for you!!

Is it the 35 petrol by any chance? Waiting on finance docs for mine still. 35 petrol Stronic saloon..

Cheers
Thanks mate
No sorry it’s the 40tdi (190 stronic )

Reactions: Raees patel
It looks like the rear lights are tinted.. is this correct or am i blind

:racer:

cheers guys
some additional pics

I know a few guys ordered the black with the V spoke wheels and hope these help.

Welll chuffed now it’s here ... at last !!! :icon thumright:
Same wheels I ordered, waiting on the 2 litre petrol...looks great build week is 14th Jan ordered May....