Loner until car delivered

Stevier88

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Iv'e been given a build week of 31 on my s3 saloon so looking like mid september delivery. I still have finance outstanding on my a5 and negative equity due to a steep dive in depreciation, nothing major about £200 to settle. I know there will be a few more payments until i pick up the s3 but the amount it has depreciated the last few months i dont want anymore negative equity on the car.

Does anyone know if audi would entertain some sort of lease/demo until my delivery (at my own exspense obviously) keen to settle the remaining finance just know before anymore depreciation.

cheers.

Is it possible for the dealer to give you an agreed trade in value now for when your car arrives that way you know where you are ? A form of rental payment may be close to the depreciation anyway and you'll end up in a Corsa or something rather than your A5!

I told them if they wanted the deal, they would have to honour the current trade in price of my car. They agreed.

My dealer always honours trade in we agree at point of order. They have also given me so many loan cars, got one for two weeks while waiting for my new car to arrive, so I could hand my old one back early and miss months payment. They are brilliant !

spoke to the dealer today, they have agreed to offer the current price of the car come september, good news as there will still be a few more paymets which means it will level out the negative equity...bad news they are offering at least £1500 less than what the lowest private sale price is that i have seen online, same year, spec etc.. Decision now if i go private and try and get a few thousand more...

On another good note though it looks like the s3 will be delivered for the 1st of september so a few weeks ealier than planned.

Good result !! No harm exploring a private sale in the mean time. Also compare the wewantanycar to what the trade in price is - I found these offered a better price than webuyanycar and if it wasn't for convenience of driving a fair distance to the Audi garage I would have gone this route.

Good result !! No harm exploring a private sale in the mean time. Also compare the wewantanycar to what the trade in price is - I found these offered a better price than webuyanycar and if it wasn't for convenience of driving a fair distance to the Audi garage I would have gone this route.
Cheers. Just checked price with wewantanycar and webuyanycar and they are offering 1k more than audi and offering more than webuyanycar. They have a few branches in and around glasgow...Great find! i had never heard of them before. I will need to wait closer to september as if i trade in now i'll be left getting public transport!

thanks again.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well to give you a little background to this I've recently sold my car through webuyanycar. Audi quoted that they would settle the outstanding settlement figure on the car which was £13,169. I obtained a quote through webuyanycar for £14,250 which I thought would never happen. I went there on Saturday after having spent a couple of hours cleaning the car to ensure they would have nothing to complain about. He checked the car over and noted a small scratch on the rear bumper which I knew was there. We sat down and he went through the figures. Basically they reduced the figure by £61.40 or somthing for the scratch repair, £74.99 for the admin cost (must have been vat or somthing added) leaving me with £14,098. They will clear the settlement figure and I'm expecting the balance tommorrow. I fully expected them to knock the price down by at least £500 so I was really happy. So long as they do as they should and settle the finance and pay me the difference I would hasppily recommend them. It was a pretty painless excercise apart from the guy was a bit of a c**k. :)