Locking wheel nuts for aftermarket wheels.

Mat7000

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to site and have already found all your posts very helpful.
I need some help.

I have just picked up my first 09 S4 3.0tfsi Avant and it has aftermarket alloys on it, I need to get some locking wheel nuts for them before they get stolen and it gets put on bricks. They are 19 inch Veeman VFS 25 alloys. any idea which company or website are best to go through and the brand's people find work with aftermarket wheels..any helpful information would be appreciated.

thanks in advace.

Mat.

also does anyone live around the SK2/ Manchester area?

I suggest you 1st check which seating they are, as there are 2 types, but pickup couple of sets per wheel is how I do it, amazon sometimes has deals, but check original bolts sizes then find the same.

One other thing, obviously as well if they are tapered or spherical - easy to check, remove a bolt, is the "slope" a straight line or a slight curve, most if not all aftermarket wheels are tapered seat.

The other thing is, in my limited experience of these things, the bolt hole counterbores tend to be slightly smaller than on VW Group alloys wheels, so even if the wheels had same as VW Group spherical seats for the bolts, the VW Group supplied locking bolts could not be used as the "key" diameter is too big.

There is an Italian company that supplies all types of wheel bolts even "chemi blackened" versions, and they sell security bolts that have a smaller diameter "key", so can be used on aftermarket wheels. The company is Brimecc and the ones I bought for aftermarket alloys were black versions UB428 - but then I had the original summer SEAT wheels and bolts as my daughter was buying aftermarket winter wheels and tyres, so I could work out which length of bolts were correct, some or most aftermarket alloy wheel suppliers just use a short range of bolts, so you usually get bolts that are longer than they need to be, no extra security or strength is gained from using bolts that pass through the back of the hub and stick out a "lot", just extra exposed length of bolts to get curded up and increase the threat of you damaging the hub threads when removing them. I found that all VW Group cars that use M14 X 1.5mm bolts use the same length of bolts, the full description seems to be R13 M14 X 1.5 X 27 with 17mm hex head, so I swopped the bolts that the wheel supplier provided for M14 X 1.5 X 27 60deg tapered bolts with 17mm hex head and bought a set of M14 X 1.5 X 28 black security bolts with key. The bolts supplied by the alloy wheels supplier were 33mm long, when measured from the end of the taper to the bolt end, so extended an extra 5mm further out when compared with the original bolts in the original wheels.

Obviously if your aftermarket alloys are a lot thicker and/or there are spacer shims fitted you would need longer bolts to suit.

Reactions: JohnS3 and NHN
Thank you so much for the amazing information, so helpful. I will let you know how I get on.

Mat.

There is a guy in Bradford I normally use for all spigot rings/ spacers / wheel nuts / locking nuts etc. called Mr Nut (Alloy Wheel Nuts and Bolts). Should maybe drop him a call.

Ask for a guy called Saq.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mat7000
There is a guy in Bradford I normally use for all spigot rings/ spacers / wheel nuts / locking nuts etc. called Mr Nut (Alloy Wheel Nuts and Bolts). Should maybe drop him a call.

Ask for a guy called Saq.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Thanks mate.

Reactions: CrazeUK