Local dealer tempting me into an RS3....

AndyB-S3

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I have said in the past that I am not going to even entertain an RS3.. for many reasons but price probably being the biggest for me. I am just not sure if it is worth paying out £25k over my S3 to change up..

However my local dealer has been on trying to change my mind, he has the following in stock with only 300 miles on it..

Daytona grey
19x8.5 Rotor Titanium alloys
Black diamond stitch leather super sports seats
Comfort and sound package
Folding mirrors
Driver assistance pack (adaptive cruise etc)
Black styling pack
Privacy glass
Roof rails
Technology pack

All for the measly sum of £47,000.

one thing missing for me would be the Dynamic pack with sports exhaust etc.. other than that what are your thoughts on the price / spec?

I am going to test drive tomorrow I think.....followed by many arguments with the wife and probably new car on the drive in a week.. haha

Cheers

ps. pics to follow. :)

Reactions: RYuill
Go for it Andy. Looks stunning in Daytona.

Better be quick though as there is someone else on here looking at this one.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
That car is £46,830 when configured on line ...... so assume you have rounded up to £47k ?

So at that price Dealer is giving zero discount.

If your Dealer is trying to change your mind then surely there is room for a good part exchange price and some discount off the stock car.

Next question is how do the extras stack up against ones you would want & pick yourself and are the any extras which are not on the car that you would possibly miss - say B&O / mag ride / exhaust ? and are you paying for any extras you would not have ordered, which pushes the cost up ?

If you are happy with the car, colour and specification and can make the figures stack up, then you may have a tough decision on your hands.

Good luck :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and RYuill
Snake, for some stupid reason I never actually thought of building it online..this is a stock car the dealer has and this is their starting price!

It has all options I would have had except the exhaust pack. but does it sound that much better? I could always go aftermarket in a year or 2.

Time to do some more research into pricing and spec then. :)

Appreciate your help! :)

Rickie, have you been in to see it?? or did you get the same email?? haha

I think it's cheeky charging new price for a car that isn't new, and then calling it a 'deal'. If he'd have said £40k then yes, that's great, but given that some here are getting £2-3k off a brand new one off the production line, that doesn't seem fair at all.

In fact, it's effectively paying a premium to skip the queue, which is fine if that's what you desperately want - but it's certainly not a sweet deal for someone who was already not overly tempted by the model...

Reactions: RGBARGEE and AndyB-S3
Rickie, have you been in to see it?? or did you get the same email?? haha

Not been in to see it. I have a Catalunya one on order from the same dealer so no email either.

Might pop in and have a look though

As said above, push for some discount. If it's coming in the same price on the configurator and has done 300 miles, they should give you something.

@RMJ891 You are spot on with this!! His closing line on the email was
""I'll go take some photos for you...can't get these for love nor money at the moment so it won't be available for long.""

Ah well if it's gone by the time I make up my mind then wasn't meant to be.. lol

@RYuill Red will be lovely!! If I don't get one feel free to come and pick me up for a spin..:) It's ok you honestly wouldn't be putting me out. haha

@Gazwould Yes that is true,...but sitting here wondering why I got married as when I go home and tell her I am looking at a new car already it certainly won't be a happy conversation!! :)

Reactions: RYuill
Dundee? If your looking to pcp bud it's not pretty for some reason. Low gfv making payments high.

Hi @Spaceman_RS3 , yeah Dundee. I wouldn't be going down pcp route. As stupid as I am I like to just buy things then worry about it later.. the way I see it I am not earning any interest on savings just now anyway so why not.. :) only takes a good few years to build savings back up again. :)

It certainly sounds like your Dealer is pitching the Deal as he is trying to tempt you into buying a new car, which you hadn't planned to do.

That being the case he needs to play on one of two things or both ....

If you change into this car I will give you a great deal (so excellent part ex price and a lump of cash off the new car)
or
This car has a 6 month + waiting list and here is one ready to go straight away so you can avoid the lengthy wait

There will be someone out there prepared to pay list for a stock car I am sure ... somewhere !
But your Dealer may be under pressure to sell / shift this car for their figures this month.
That being the case, he should be prepared to offer you some sweetners in order to persuade you.
You did not go to him saying you want a new RS3, as then you would be on the back foot, Dealer knowing you want a car asap.
This is the other way round and Dealer trying to convince you to buy a new car they have on stock.

Thats why for me I would only do the deal if you really want the car and you negotiate a "deal" you are happy with.
That may be £500 off or £3,000 off and a fair part ex .... but if you do like the car and the deal is good for you that is what matters imo.

Push hard then as if think only cash buyers or personal loan people will want to as the pcp route just doesn't work. I'd check the spec as my mate got it built car and came out at 49k so was 2 k off member on spec builder to read the on road price not the rrp which worked out at 47815

Uploadfromtaptalk1442672475215
Uploadfromtaptalk1442672482400

As nice as this is I think I will have to pass.. after looking into my finances and looking into the future I am just going to save my cash and put it and the S3 towards an R8. Maybe end of next year or 2 years..

Was never really looking to change but it was worth a wee think anyway.

All your advice was greatly appreciated though! Cheers guys.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Spaceman_RS3
I personally think you made the right choice Andy.:)