Load liners

Burt25

Reaction score
Has anyone bought one of the 'flexible load liners' for their sportback (the cheaper on at around £40) - if so is it worth the money- I rang the dealer and they sain it was made from polystyrene foam????

The one I bought from Audi was indeed, rubbish. Imagine one of those trays that fruit comes in at the supermarkets, well thats it.

I went round to a local firm and got one made up out of a really tough material for just over £50. Much better and it goes up the sides of the boot.

Are we talking about the material which is used to seperate layers of apples in a box?? How can they justify £40 for that? - I assumed it would be rubber.!!

The one I had from Audi was indeed a very close material to that of the apple separation variety! Just a little heavier. To say I was underwhelmed was an understatement.

The one I have now, made up to fit my car is a similar material to that used in North Face kit bags (if you know what I mean).. Very tough indeed. And its tailored to fit my car.

Not seen the flexible liners, but I'm very happy with my Bootsuit. I got a customized version to fit my new A3 Sportback with extra long flaps to protect the rear bumper and back of seats.

Think it was about £50 - worth every single penny as the week after installing it my mountain bike suspension leaked all of its oil, it would have been a disaster without it.

http://www.bootsuit.com/

I've got the reversible boot mat which is folds out to cover the back of the rear seat when they're folded down. Won't stop leaks though.

I too have seen the flexible load liner and it is poor and does not look robust. At £40 it is certainly not value for money. I was going to have one for my new S3, just to keep the boot carpet clean but I am now told that it will not fit 4wd cars. Time to think about an alternative solution!

prt

I bought a boot liner from fleabay for my A4 Avant which fits well and is pretty tough. Sounds a lot better than the Audi ones mentioned above. The centre of the liner has a rubberised coating so its grippy and stops things moving about to much. I'd recommend them.

Fleabay_link

prt57 said:
I too have seen the flexible load liner and it is poor and does not look robust. At £40 it is certainly not value for money. I was going to have one for my new S3, just to keep the boot carpet clean but I am now told that it will not fit 4wd cars. Time to think about an alternative solution!

prt
The reversible boot mat will fit - carpet one side, rubber on the other. Same quality as interior mats. Dealer option but can't remember the price.