Limp mode caused by oil pressure sensor ?

manwithtool1

Reaction score
As it says, I have put an AGU in my T4 and I'm struggling to get boost over 3psi. I have some error codes but none relating to oil pressure. I know the A3 ECU is not wired up to the oil pressure sensor. Would that cause limp mode ? Surely I'd get an error code for lack of oil pressure ?

Oil pressure sender is 1bar... oil warning should come on the dash if rpm is over 2000rpm (iirc) and pressure less than 1bar... won't cause limp mode though... 3psi seems low for actuator pressure so could be a preload problem or weak actuator...

What fault codes do you have? they may well be relevant even if you think they are not

<tuffty/>

Hi, I;m getting error codes 17967 17973 both I think are linked to the throttle and I had assumed were to do with the fact that the cruise control that the donor car had is not wired in. I also get 18259 which is ABS which of course the van doesn't have. The ECU has been mapped/chipped so I was expecting about 10-14 psi boost but it stops dead at 3.5 psi. Any thoughts welcome as I've been trying th get this working for a while now

Thanks Tufty,
I did a bit more research last night and found those links. But it seems a little unclear how to fix it. Do I need Vagcom or VCDS or VCDS Lite. Or will leaving the ign for 3 minutes do it. Obviously I guess it might be worth giving it a clean before I do all this save having to do it all again.
Nice to know that this could be my problem though ! I got a bit confused as the Guy that chipped the ECU said it would throw some error messages if used on a car without the cruise control. I forgot of course that the TB was a cruise control one.
Thanks again, I'd be lost without these forums !

Info on TB realignment
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Throttle_Body_Alignment_(TBA)

You could try changing the throttle body to a non cruise one mate... it sounds like its faulty tbh...

IIRC you say you have an AGU A3? you could try that throttle body if the alignment procedure doesn't help

I believe VCDS Lite should be able to do a TBA

<tuffty/>