LHD wing mirrors will fit RHD cars?

Alex1990

Reaction score
hi again guys, I've been looking at etka but still no straight answers.
I've been looking to buy LHD wing mirrors from germany because the one I'm looking for is the electric folding and I'm trying to retrofit it in,
But will it physically fit to RHD cars?!

Thanks it anyone can help me out :)
Alex

Forget it, the angles are different, use rhd.

thank you! i appreciated that :)

atleast i wont bother then :)

If you need someone to supply/fit these systems, please send a pm.

It depends which mirrors you get. Nhn, can you explain what you mean by angles being different? Do you mean the extra convex section? If so, you can still use these.

if its the convexed mirrors surely i can just get them off my old ones? I just need confirmation whetehr the LHD would fit the RHD and be bale to work is all. I have even got the modules now too lol

My understanding is not as comprehensive as nhn, so you will need him to confirm why they are not compatible.

To my knowledge, the convex / wide angle is usually only on one side, so in theory you just need to ensure they are on both sides. The connectors are the same

If you're using your original glass I can't see why they would be different.

Ok so 2 things really, 1st you can use the glass on either, this is obvious to all :)

Now, yes the rhd/lhd bases will fit each car, howeverrrrrr, the angles of the bases are different, so you wont get the necessary required angle of viewing with your mirror glass, I've been there got the tshirt.

Feel free to try & see if the angles are good enough for you, but I know for sure I moved the mirror fully to the extended point & it wasn't enough for blind sided viewing & general angled viewing, if that makes any sense.

I use convex/aspherical blind sided glass on both sides, have done for numerous cars.

Ok so 2 things really, 1st you can use the glass on either, this is obvious to all :)

Now, yes the rhd/lhd bases will fit each car, howeverrrrrr, the angles of the bases are different, so you wont get the necessary required angle of viewing with your mirror glass, I've been there got the tshirt.

Feel free to try & see if the angles are good enough for you, but I know for sure I moved the mirror fully to the extended point & it wasn't enough for blind sided viewing & general angled viewing, if that makes any sense.

I use convex/aspherical blind sided glass on both sides, have done for numerous cars.

u still havent quoted me after i gave you my chasis number, you look at your conversations?

thanks

Oh I do apologise, I've got a new phone & computer, so the systems I use I'm moving across, bear with me please.

What you've gone and done is got a phone that really only works in your left ear, when you need a right hand side phone :p

Does the glass just connect up in the wing unit?