LED Number Plate Lights

Thanks for the advice, I'll go and check out the local dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from eBay as a whole unit.
Simple swap, no resistors, no error and excellent bright light!

I got mine from eBay as a whole unit.
Simple swap, no resistors, no error and excellent bright light!

There's her pretty rear
IMG 5986
IMG 5987

I picked up the pair of lights from Audi this morning, fitted this evening, one side - all working, other side done and they both switch off - bulb error

I picked up the pair of lights from Audi this morning, fitted this evening, one side - all working, other side done and they both switch off - bulb error

make sure you've put in the right way round, the ones i had weren't marked +ve and -ve but they were! also after a bulb fault you need to wait 15mins i think for the circuit to reset

You can only fit the lights one way. I've had the bulb out error as well, just take them out and re-seat them they do work.

That's correct, the design means they only fit one way. They both came on for a few seconds before switching off when the bulb error came on. The kufatec site lists an adaptor that in the description states "While upgrading to an original Audi LED number plate lighting in some vehicles an error will come within the driver information system" so maybe it's different from mine to yours? I'm guessing the adaptor (just resistors in parallel I reckon) will fit inside the boot door or something?

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a6/a6-4f/adapter-plate-leds-audi-a6-4f-q7-4l

have you tried cleaning the contacts the lights connect to they can get a bit of corrosion on them.

I'll try that later when I get home, thanks

If you'll need to fit resistor, take the trim off and fit only one into the loom as both lights uses one wire.
Secure the resistor on to the inner metal part of boot to avoid any plastc melt from it.
Make sure to seperate the wires from the boot opening switch. All bundeled together.
Been there myself but in the end not needed the resistor as mine leds didn't confused the car for the error.
Good luck

Ok, so after a lot of messing around I finally gave in and ordered the kufatec resistor adaptor thing. After a weeks wait for the adaptor I received it, at the next chance I got I removed the trim panel from the boot door and fitted the adaptor. The LED lights now work perfectly so it seems some cars have the fault detection on these and some don't, mine did.

I unfortunately had several clips break when I tried to fit the trim back, I went to Audi to order some more, had to wait 3 days for them and went back to find they had ordered the wrong thing! A day later I went back and got the correct clips and proceeded to refit the trim panel. Job done and I'm happy with the lights.

Later, it is currently embarrassingly dirty!

I guess this is a luck of the draw thing?

I just have Chinese eBay jobbies labelled as "canbus friendly" in my 2006 avant and they work perfectly.

That said I wasn't getting an error to highlight that I had one not working when the standard bulbs were in.

f676c95ea0167146a0860cbddfe87463.jpg

Not the best photo but you can see they are white.

Reactions: KrisKrk and joedredd