LED conversion A3 Facelift (Help?)

Slogstorm

Reaction score
Hi!

Is there any recommended LED's to use on my 2011 A3 whitout adding loads of resistors?
Does the car throw codes on interior lighting?
H11 LED with resistors, will it work?
Can I just buy som LED's with canbus off of ebay and it'll work?

Been searching for some answers regarding LED conversions on the newer facelift A3, but haven't really found the answers im looking for..

I recently purchased these for my car even if I fear they won't work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291458831165?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251743527980?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Both sellers told me they should work without problems.

Im planning to upload photos when i've done the conversion on the fogs and license plate light. Waiting for the slow boat from China, so it might take a couple of weeks..

Im greatful for all replies :)

I can help on the interior lighting kits and all sorts of other lighting for the car and know the cars inside out as I test everything and have solutions for everything unlike eBay sellers as they just buy it in to sell and only go on what there specs are from who sell it to them.

I hate to brake it to you but them fogs won't work error free on your car, the plate lights will be a 50/50 due to the year of your car.

I do sell parts which are plug and play that will get rid of the errors if you need to buy them after fitting your led's. Thanks

I can help on the interior lighting kits and all sorts of other lighting for the car and know the cars inside out as I test everything and have solutions for everything unlike eBay sellers as they just buy it in to sell and only go on what there specs are from who sell it to them.

I hate to brake it to you but them fogs won't work error free on your car, the plate lights will be a 50/50 due to the year of your car.

I do sell parts which are plug and play that will get rid of the errors if you need to buy them after fitting your led's. Thanks

Thank you t8ups for the info. Crossing my fingers they will work. If not, i'll definately send you a PM! Do you ship internationally? I live in Norway.
Do you have any strong LED's for fog lights as well?
Cheers

Reactions: t8ups
Hi.

Yes I can ship to you, that's not a problem.

For the fogs I only do ice white halogens, they are a direct swap, no resistors and will still give a good amount of light in the fog unlike an LED which the main purpose of that is the look/colour. My ice whites will be the same colour as the OEM LED DRL's.

if you wanted to keep the fogs you got I have a resistor kit that is plug and play that will stop the error so the whole thing may not be wasted.

Thanks

Hi,

I have these installed on my 2011 A3 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Useful-2pcs-H11-White-Fog-Halogen-Xenon-Bulb-55W-Car-Headlight-Lamp-12V/321807966230?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140212121249&meid=1809ad748e014d8ea9df98d1a0900c4c&pid=100102&

They work error free and it cost £1.50 for both, straight from Hong Kong, arrived in just over a week. You can tell the difference in the below picture.
Fog

Can you not turn off Cold monitoring in VCDS? im sure I seen the option...

doesn't work on newer a3 you will need load resistors for the fog lamp leds bulbs . i have 50w led cree (supposed 50w) fitted and had to use load resistors .as t8ups said you can buy the resistors plug and play ,i just then self tapped them under the front crash bar as it makes for a nice heat sink .also helps keep them out of water to avoid corroded terminals

doesn't work on newer a3 you will need load resistors for the fog lamp leds bulbs . i have 50w led cree (supposed 50w) fitted and had to use load resistors .as t8ups said you can buy the resistors plug and play ,i just then self tapped them under the front crash bar as it makes for a nice heat sink .also helps keep them out of water to avoid corroded terminals

Hi and thanks for the reply hollow.
I'm still waiting for the LED's from China, but as stated in the description on the h11 fogs, they come with resistors. They also supposedly are 80w. Wich we all know isn't true tbh.

Just hope the license plate lights i ordered with the fogs doesn't show any fault messages..

Have you installed any LED's on the interior lighting? If so, does the system show any faults on interior light?

Cheers

Reactions: Tay_GP
yes done the fog lights (need resistors) reverse lights (cold monitoring turned of in vcds for led ) reverse lights (had to have resistors on 30w cree)

front indicators (no resistors)
just waiting on a company to finish making up a set of sweeping rear indicator circuits and boards then gonna cut the rear lights open and fit those and the circuits from the a4 led rear brake lights /fog in as well for complete rear led .
just the company doesn't rush . and i cant find the cob amber strips they use anywhere else or could build my own circuit for them .

And i didnt read your post properly . ive replaced all the interior lights with led . beetter with the cob based ones as they have more lumens output . only one that didnt work correctly was the boot light and i had to use a resistor on that to load it enough to work .

Reactions: Slogstorm
Update; So I just recieved the LED-license plate lights. Mounted them just now and tested. Absolutely NO errors on DIS, no flickering or blinking whatsoever. I couldn't frickin' believe it so I sat in the car for 5 minutes staring at the DIS and waitet for the DING and lamp. I even drove to the nearest parking house to get a look in a little darker area.
These were fantastic and bright 6000k lights, and for 10USD with free shipping... Well, it's an absolute bargain! Will upload a photo later when im on my PC.

Thanks!

Here's the link for it;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251743527980?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here's a photo of what the LED's looks like. What do you think? Someone else going to order these?
aa6bef8.jpg

Reactions: Sherv