Leaving the S3 scene...

PHutch33

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I’m not an avid poster, but have been an avid viewer of the site since I got my S3 saloon in 2016. I’ve learnt loads from the forum and the help/guidance everyone offers here is second to none.

However, I’ve just put a deposit down on the A35 saloon (pic attached) so will be selling the S3 in the coming days. They seem to have strong values at the moment, and surprisingly WBAC are offering me the best price (even after they kick the tyres..). I’ve loved the S3, and have never kept a car for over 3 years before like I have here, but it’s time for a change.

All the best guys! No doubt I will be back to Audi one day.

Attachments

• 210E738E-6A85-4F7F-BEF0-73DC009BEC6E.jpeg
    210E738E-6A85-4F7F-BEF0-73DC009BEC6E.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, Bristle Hound and 7 others
Congrats on the new car I must admit I love the tech of the new A Class, I’m sure it’ll be a nice upgrade.

Like you say residuals are very strong at the moment for S3’s I don’t know what the spec of yours is like but might be worth checking with TopCars of Sheffield, just sold my car to them today and process was simple enough came and collected and paid the money there and then, well above standard book price too.

Enjoy the new motor!

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
Congrats on the new car I must admit I love the tech of the new A Class, I’m sure it’ll be a nice upgrade.

Like you say residuals are very strong at the moment for S3’s I don’t know what the spec of yours is like but might be worth checking with TopCars of Sheffield, just sold my car to them today and process was simple enough came and collected and paid the money there and then, well above standard book price too.

Enjoy the new motor!

thank you! I toyed with the idea of a c43 but at over £50k and poor residuals, the a35 made more sense.

thanks for the recommendation on top cars- I’ve not come across them before so will drop them a line.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Bells
Ex S3 owner^ too.

TX.

^the wife.
a69fd3ace1698b8b521eadc88114f0bf.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
thank you! I toyed with the idea of a c43 but at over £50k and poor residuals, the a35 made more sense.

thanks for the recommendation on top cars- I’ve not come across them before so will drop them a line.

Motorway.co.uk worth a try too, sold wife’s JCW to them, really easy, and sorted in couple days

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and S32B
WBAC are offering me very strong money for my car as well, not what I was expecting from them to be honest.

Enjoy the new car.

Not normally a lover of black alloys but they look good :) Good luck with the new car ;)

Motorway.co.uk worth a try too, sold wife’s JCW to them, really easy, and sorted in couple days
I tried them and they did come back with some good quotes. Also tried wizzle and ended up getting a call from a nice guy that buys cars for various dealerships! So took his number to deal with directly in the future. Can't remember if it was wizzle or motorway that required lots of pictures, which was a pain at the time as the car was dirty and it was raining!

EDIT* Just tried WBAC out on interest :):):) I buy it from Audi in a couple of weeks for £18,900 :):):)

Wbac

Not normally a lover of black alloys but they look good :) Good luck with the new car ;)

I tried them and they did come back with some good quotes. Also tried wizzle and ended up getting a call from a nice guy that buys cars for various dealerships! So took his number to deal with directly in the future. Can't remember if it was wizzle or motorway that required lots of pictures, which was a pain at the time as the car was dirty and it was raining!

EDIT* Just tried WBAC out on interest :):):) I buy it from Audi in a couple of weeks for £18,900 :):):)

View attachment 209368

Yep, motorway for require quite a few photos, just wash the ****** car! . Not bad on the WBAC, but you can definitely do better

Reactions: S32B, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Hi Guys

I’m not an avid poster, but have been an avid viewer of the site since I got my S3 saloon in 2016. I’ve learnt loads from the forum and the help/guidance everyone offers here is second to none.

However, I’ve just put a deposit down on the A35 saloon (pic attached) so will be selling the S3 in the coming days. They seem to have strong values at the moment, and surprisingly WBAC are offering me the best price (even after they kick the tyres..). I’ve loved the S3, and have never kept a car for over 3 years before like I have here, but it’s time for a change.

All the best guys! No doubt I will be back to Audi one day.

Congrats on the new car looks fantastic - you will enjoy the Merc :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and pburv
I managed to get £19500 for my 65 plate S3 from a Seat dealership when I chopped it in. It's up for sale at the moment for £22995. This would give you an idea what sort of mark up dealers try and get. Good luck with your new car.:icon thumright:

Reactions: S32B and NevMan
Not bad on the WBAC, but you can definitely do better

I managed to get £19500 for my 65 plate S3 from a Seat dealership when I chopped it in. It's up for sale at the moment for £22995. This would give you an idea what sort of mark up dealers try and get.

Yeah exactly, makes it a bargain to buy at the price I can get it for :)

I went to Chirk with the wife today, came back to Chester with cruise control on sitting @ the speed limit, bearing in mind it's a petrol and a big heavy car :blink:

Mpg

Yeah exactly, makes it a bargain to buy at the price I can get it for :)

I went to Chirk with the wife today, came back to Chester with cruise control on sitting @ the speed limit, bearing in mind it's a petrol and a big heavy car :blink:

View attachment 209395
****** Hell! You can't argue with that mate.:thumbs up:
Are you sure it ain't a diesel?:whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
****** Hell! You can't argue with that mate.:thumbs up:
Are you sure it ain't a diesel?:whistle2:
lol I know, I was shocked when I flipped it over to look! Told one of my mates about it who has a 530d BMW and he said he doesn't get that :D TBF a fair chunk of the drive is limited to 50mph to 'improve the air quality'...yeah OK!

Reactions: NevMan and pburv