Launch Control

r_g929

Reaction score
My S3 doesn't show any boost being built when launch control is activated? However holds full boost fine when driving? Anyone know the cause of this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like it is activated.

Are you in dynamic, traction control off, ....... ?

It doesn't sound like it is activated.

Are you in dynamic, traction control off, ....... ?

Yep all modes are activated , dynamic & traction control off

Strange - daft question S-Tronic ?

Should build boost and rev to 4,000rpm giving you 4 seconds in which to take your foot off the brake. Only ever done the one myself !

Reactions: batch and Audi Bairn
Strange - daft question S-Tronic ?

Should build boost and rev to 4,000rpm giving you 4 seconds in which to take your foot off the brake. Only ever done the one myself !

It builds boost to around half the boost gauge then drops off to nothing shown on the boost gauge

Yep all modes are activated , dynamic & traction control off

You sure your gear box is in S? Mine used to do that when I put it in dynamic would not put he gear box into sport and would not activate launch

Easy was to tell is the car should not be pushing forward at all...it should be like reving in neutral till you let go off the brake.

Reactions: Rob2k68
You sure your gear box is in S? Mine used to do that when I put it in dynamic would not put he gear box into sport and would not activate launch

Easy was to tell is the car should not be pushing forward at all...it should be like Regina in neutral.

Nah gearbox is in S mode too

My S3 doesn't show any boost being built when launch control is activated? However holds full boost fine when driving? Anyone know the cause of this? Thanks

When you let off brake does it bog down?

Strange indeed..maybe post a video or pic of what it does?

Also what happens when you let the brake go?

When I let go of the brake I get full boost and holds fine! So no idea haha

Different car but mine does not work if hill hold assist is activated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Different car but mine does not work if hill hold assist is activated.

How do you deactivate it? I have a S3 8V DSG

Push the button next to the EPB to turn off Hill Hold Assist....if installed.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DeanoC
Used launch control for the first time today too! Mate at work had been telling me about trying it in his M140i and it sliding out left then right before getting traction and firing down the road. So thought I need to try this out too!
Went to a new industrial estate near me that's normally quiet at weekend. Unfortunately the long straight road had 3 HGV's parked up so had to use one of the shorter side roads. Parked up and got the manual out to find out what was needed, all set, feet down, 4K revs then held on!

****** hell!
Got the power down and held a nice straight line, no fish tailing like the beemer lol
Sorry never noticed the boost though, was the last thing I was thinking about.
Can at least tick it of the list as having done it, but to be honest the car is quick enough off the line without worrying about all the set up and faff that goes with LC.

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Rob2k68
Who knew the amount you launch it effects the inspection service intervals? It counts how many times you do it. The audi salesman was most confused when i asked to plug mine in and have a look before i bought it

Who knew the amount you launch it effects the inspection service intervals? It counts how many times you do it. The audi salesman was most confused when i asked to plug mine in and have a look before i bought it

What effect does it have? From what you say I'm understanding it as it brings the interval forwards a bit each time you do it? Sounds strange, or have I misunderstood?

Launch as much as you like it's hear say my mk7 r got at least 100 in its first 8 months stage 1 lol

I don't believe the count is there S4 yes S3 no.

Reactions: azibux1
What effect does it have? From what you say I'm understanding it as it brings the interval forwards a bit each time you do it? Sounds strange, or have I misunderstood?
The variable servicing looks at loads of stuff, including lanuches. More will mean an earlier inspection.

Mine has done more than 1 now

cac54a168126a0df4536ced1030636bc.jpg

Hmm that's interesting :) people have looked for the counter on the S3 as @Rob2k68 said, although don't think anybody has found it.

Wonder if it is really counted on the S3 because I'm sure some VCDS guru would have found it by now if it is somewhere on the system

Thanks not a pic of an A3.

I've searched and found nothing.

@Bristle Hound using the latest version of VCDS there are no measuring blocks with either launch or control in the string present in my 02 Auto Trans module .....

IMG 2620

Reactions: Bristle Hound and azibux1
The boost is only torque demand anyway, it isn't showing boost so don't worry.

Ignore the bog at the start, the boost is too high in first gear for the torque limiter of the DSG

The boost is only torque demand anyway, it isn't showing boost so don't worry.

Ignore the bog at the start, the boost is too high in first gear for the torque limiter of the DSG

Hi thanks for that video, I take it your car hasn't been remapped? As mine does the same as yours

Hi thanks for that video, I take it your car hasn't been remapped? As mine does the same as yours

No it isn't mapped, it is running a jb4 tuning box but the only that changes launch control is extra boost

@Bristle Hound using the latest version of VCDS there are no measuring blocks with either launch or control in the string present in my 02 Auto Trans module .....

View attachment 117321
@Rob2k68 - Having no 8V A3/S3 & no VCDS I was unable to check this, so thanks for confirming your findings Rob :thumbs up:

I use the Carista app on my B8.5 S4 & with the current raft of updates on it it now has a Launch Control counter

I would imagine, if it already hasn't, that Carista may include this in their future updates for the 8V's
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...iable-for-the-8v-a3-s3-pfl-fl-covered.303522/

@Rob2k68 - Having no 8V A3/S3 & no VCDS I was unable to check this, so thanks for confirming your findings Rob :thumbs up:

I use the Carista app on my B8.5 S4 & with the current raft of updates on it it now has a Launch Control counter

I would imagine, if it already hasn't, that Carista may include this in their future updates for the 8V's
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...iable-for-the-8v-a3-s3-pfl-fl-covered.303522/
To the main question here someone will ask... using Carista can you reset the count? ;)

To the main question here someone will ask... using Carista can you reset the count? ;)

I have Carista and OBD11 - I'll have a look in next few days.

Reactions: azibux1 and Bristle Hound
There is no launch counter in Carista either which makes me firmly believe that the DQ250 box does not have one unlike the DL501 (S4/5) which has a rumoured limit of 200.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
There is no launch counter in Carista either which makes me firmly believe that the DQ250 box does not have one unlike the DL501 (S4/5) which has a rumoured limit of 200.
@Rob2k68 - Will be interesting to see if Carista add the LC in the future

As for the 200 LC limit
I posed this question in my thread -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/launch-control-limit-fact-or-fiction.245027/

@GeoffDunk confirmed the following -
'I can comfirm that all cars from 2013 have had any limited no. of LC's removed, if the gearbox heats up the car will tell you and you won't be able to then LC. There was a limit apparently on the 1st RS4 Avants but it was before LC was hugely publisised and it wasn't in the owners manual.'
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/launch-control-limit-fact-or-fiction.245027/#post-2468903

From the question he posed to a former colleague at Neckarsulm
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/launch-control-limit-fact-or-fiction.245027/#post-2465371