1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest B9 Campaign Updates

ScottishA4B9 May 18, 2018 at 7:22 AM

1. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona saloon Audi A4 TDi S-line owners group Manual

So Audi have let me know that there are a number of campaigns at the minute for the B9. These include a number of updates. Anybody know what these are?

2. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Have you checked in your myaudi?

3. cptjay

cptjay New Member

What do you mean by updates?

4. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

It’s similar to recall but not a serious issue. Could be a system update on software. Minor items like that. Eg MMI update. Ecu. Minor adjustments on the car.

5. craigomills

craigomills Member Team Ibis Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro TDi S tronic

nothing on my audi for me...

6. SRB93

SRB93 S5 B9 Coupe - Glacier White

There's an apparent ECU update (Improves Gearbox Lag, ratio) out that Audi seem to be denying exists where as others are suggesting they have been done by Audi Techs

7. WesT-gefül

Take it that update is for the stronic? How would they change ratios though. Is that not mechanical.

8. SRB93

SRB93 S5 B9 Coupe - Glacier White

Nope. S4 and S5. ZF transmission.

Apologies, not exact ratios for the (assuming) spur gears.

More of the (length of time) ratio for gear changes, it's dimwitted and holds on too long.

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM
    WesT-gefül likes this.
  9. WesT-gefül

Oh ok. The torque converter boxes then. BMW also use the ZF.

My Stronic box is in for warranty at the moment. It’s leaking like a sieve. Fingers crossed it gets replaced.

SRB93 likes this.
  10. WesT-gefül

Yes I though initially how would they change the ratios as that’s a mechanical part. Get you now. I’ve also found it holds too long. Especially 5th gear.

11. ub7rm

ub7rm Active Member

I had three done today, 'aerodynamic trim', activated charcoal filter and some software update which miraculously made it due a service while it was in the garage. Though to be fair at 12k miles its probably right.

I also had a burst rear shock absorber which was done under warranty. Had to wait a week though - S4 felt pretty good after a week in a 1.4!

12. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona saloon Audi A4 TDi S-line owners group Manual

I’ve got a manual so no auto box updates for
    Me.

13. proevoking

proevoking New Member

is this for 2018 as well?

14. MarkyBadi

MarkyBadi New Member

I have noticed today the date of next oil change has gone from around 340 days to over 700 to almost match the “inspection” date? Result really!

15. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I think that it calibrates itself over the first few hundred miles, taken from the manual:

"Applies to vehicles with flexible oil change service:
    You cannot check the service interval on a new
    vehicle until it has been driven for about 500 km. "