Lateral Acceleration Sensor

davyb69

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here, sorry if its been asked before, I know I seen a thread somewhere, thats why I registered. But cant find the ****** thing again. Anyway it looks to me that this forum is a bit friendlier than some others, so here gos.

Took my car in because the ESP light would come on and stay on and couldnt be switched on or off with the dash button. It came back with 2 fault codes. One was the Boost pressure control valve, which I presume is the N75 valve, which is malfunctioning. Do you think it would be worthwhile upgrading this to the J version. I have also been told that running my Baileys D26 isnt very good as it is like running 2 dump valve simultaneously and would be better to switch the whole lot to a DV30, anyone know of any advantages.

Second one was the Lateral Acceleration Sensor. I have been quoted the part number required for my model as 8LO 959 643C, howevr can get a cheap one with the code 8LO 959 643B. Just wondered if anyone knows if it would be a compatible part? Apparantley it is from an audi a3 1997.

Anyway thanks for your help in advance ad thanks for reading even if you cant.

Davy

I'm no expert but I think the sensor may have changed between pre and post facelift. I know the location moved from behind the glovebox to under the steering column.

I would also be interested in knowing the part number for this part for a facelift? is it 8LO 959 643C?

I would say buy it and try it if its cheap

It's worth bearing in mind that these sensors (both the longitudinal and lateral) need to be calibrated using vag.com (you will need the full version) otherwise the light(s) will keep coming back on.

When I changed my longitudinal sensor a month or two back, both of these sensors were under the steering column held in place by a copper colour bracket which i found v.fiddly to remove (this was on a facelift S3).

aye but there are mixed thoughts on this as many people have replaced it and not done the "basic setting" on vag-com...

that's what i tried to start with (and it seemed to work for a while) but then the light came back on so i calibrated it just to be sure and it's been ok since

cool ta for the advice i will get around to doing it at some point... or could just calibrate my current one and see how that goes

Hi all,

Second one was the Lateral Acceleration Sensor. I have been quoted the part number required for my model as , howevr can get a cheap one with the code 8LO 959 643B. Just wondered if anyone knows if it would be a compatible part? Apparantley it is from an audi a3 1997.

Anyway thanks for your help in advance ad thanks for reading even if you cant.

Davy

The 8l0959643b is for vin number up to f 8lx200000 06/99
The 8l0959643c is for vin number f 8ly000001 onwards 07/99
Dealer cost is £87.60 plus vat.
I doubt they are interchangeable.

Hope this helps.

I just replaced mine - no callibration needed. Mine was post facelift - hence under the steering column. I wonder if it is something like the pre-facelift needs calibrating and the post-facelift doesn't.

Also worth asking at the dealer as mine has a 10% off parts deal for older cars which they call Allegiance. It'll save you over a tenner so worth asking.

The 8l0959643c is for vin number f 8ly000001 onwards 07/99
Dealer cost is £87.60 plus vat.
I doubt they are interchangeable.

Hope this helps.

Is this the p/n for the G200 lateral acceleration sensor for the ESP. Can anyone confirm as ive seen other part numbers like (1j2 907 639)

just need confirmation

Sorry to bug people but ive just searched through etka and elsa win but cant work out the p/n i need. i dont want to take my car to bits just to get the p/n as it was a nightmare to get together before

Ive worked out that:
The 8l0959643c is for vin number f 8ly000001 onwards 07/99 seem to be acceleration CRASH Sensors which is not the G200 sensor have i got this right?

So it looks like the sensor needed is "1j2 907 639" can anyone who has done this please confirm?

Thanks
Ben

bump does anyone have their reciept when they replaced theirs on a facelift?