L.E.D sidelights

milli

Reaction score
Got a set of these as i fancied a change, but would someone be kind enough to tell me the best way to swap them over? May just me been clumsy or just having big hands, but cant for the life of me get my hand in there to swap them over?!

once you have the back of the headlight cover off you can pull on the sidelight wire to remove the bulb and holder (be warned they can be pretty tight in there)

Im able to get the cover off, but didnt fancy pulling just the wire to pull the bulb out, is this a safe option?

Its the only option unless you wanna remove lots of bits to make access easier

When i changed mine over to LED's it was abit of an *** getting them out so used a flathead screw driver to prise them out gently.

I know what you mean - I was concerned about pulling on the wires but it was fine. Just give them a constant pull, don't tug at them.

Never had a problem pulling out 5W bulb holders, but am interested to know which LED Bulbs you fitted and how they look, I recently fitted some PIAA H222 sidelight bulbs and to be honest the light output is poor in my opinion, though the light colour/temperature is nice.

Swapped them over yesterday, pulling the wires seemed to work fine. I went for some l.e.d ones with 5 l.e.d's on them, probably a little brighter then the standard lights and are pretty much the same colour as the xenons.