KW V1.... WTF?

Tom5190

Reaction score
Has anybody else got these fitted?

On the rear the top cup has no fixing, meaning trying to adjust the rear height is impossible without dropping the spring arm, surely this isn't right!? Its more than likely that I'm being a complete idiot....

Basically the whole mech is rotating not the adjuster.

DSC07016 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

My v3's do that too but I would think all adjustable springs do this when there is no weight on Spring ,
I need to hold top cup with something, I have special mole grips to "gently" hold it whilst using c spanner, it's a real pita I'm afraid :(

Last edited:
Ah thats annoying wonder if theres enough room to get a half circle cut out of the base so I can hold it with a C-Spanner. Hmmm

I have the same problem with my H&R's. I usually support the car on an axle stand, then use a jack to compress the spring slightly, making sure the thread is covered in WD40 or similar

Yeah same with my KW clubsports, it's almost as easy to just remove the spring and do it by hand!

I have the same with st xta as for adjusting the damping shock off job.

I screwed top cup to the body with one flat screw, so now it's dead fixed and easy to adjust :) Surely it'll void your warranty.

Reactions: S.
Ah thats annoying wonder if theres enough room to get a half circle cut out of the base so I can hold it with a C-Spanner. Hmmm
That's what i was thinking of too. So i can adjust it easily. But then again i didn't change the ride height for ages...
On the other hand do you guys get weird noises from your kw's?

I'll probably take the back springs out and re-seat the Base on sealant tbh.
I did have a strange squeak on the front and a knock. I had the fronts refurbished by KW and the squeak turned out to be the bump pack in the bottom of the strut.
The knock was from the adjustable top mounts.
All great now with no noises

Was it refurbished under warranty? How long is warranty on theese things? How long did it take for them to refurbish them?

I dont know tbh as I've got the clubsports which don't have a warranty as they are track orientated.
They cost me £350 to refurb due to needing all the parts in the top mounts fully replacing. The original quote was £300 for the 2 front struts stripping, cleaning and re assembling. They are the same as the V3's
It took 2/3 weeks from sending as they were quite busy after a shutdown

That's annoying, I'll set it for the time being then see if I can get some cut outs put in them at work at a later date I need it back on the road next eek :(

Drilled a hole in the side of mine so I can put a small screwdriver in the hole to hold the base. Works well and can be drilled while still on the car.