Koni shocks and springs vs kW v1????

S3baddaman

Reaction score
Hi everyone sorry this is my first ever post on here as its a bit of an emergency looking for advice on suspension as a complication with my order on a hnr kit could not be complete.

Dcperformance have contacted me saying they are sorry but the kit I ordered no longer exists and have given me the option of the koni suspension kit witch includes springs and damping adjustment lowers the audi s3 buy 25mm on the front and 20mm on the back. Or I can pay alittle extra and go for the kW variant 1 Coilover kit witch obviously has more freedom with lowering up to 50mm all around. I want to avoid the harshness of Coilovers but wonder with the koni kit being a larger diameter spring will I have problems in the future with fitting 19 inch wheels. Basically looking for peoples advice and experiences thank you

Not heard of koni making there own springs .... Perhaps there eibach or H&R springs with koni struts&shocks.

Personally I would just get the koni shocks and get eibach front springs separately .... as the eibach pro-kit for the S3 8P has the best reviews.

If you wanted to do coilovers but avoid harshness you could try KW Comfort coilovers ....

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Hey thanks for your message. Dcperformance have told me the koni kit uses the same spring as the h N r so it's basically its koni adjustable damping shocks with hnr spring lowers 25mm on the front and 20mm on the back.

Reactions: miltybilty
I've an 8P RS3 with 19-inch wheels (255/30 fronts and 235/35 rears) on KW Variant 3 shock absorbers and springs, love 'em...

BLUEY on KW

Reactions: miltybilty and S3baddaman
Not through dcperformance. I placed my order for that kit through them then almost 4 weeks later contacted them to find out what was going on as I haven't received them. They made a phone call back to me and said that particular kit is not being made anymore so they offered me the koni kit witch is about £80 more expensive and with the adjustable damping at no extra charge.
There might be other companies that have them in stock still.