knocks

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
After i fitted my lowering springs i now get a very light knocking from the front,only when the car go's on a speed hump or when it comes down. Driving otherwise on normal roads is ok no knocks or anything on ly as mentioned above.

The knock is not loud but its there,i can tell but anyone else wouldnt notice it much unless i told them to listen out for it.

Ive fitted 2 track rod ends (better get wheel alignment checked) and 1 balljoint as they were seized and broke when i tried to remove them.

Everything is tight and has bee double checked,i took all suspension off including the hub in one,compressed the new spring...put on the top mounts and bolted them down with the air gun,tight.

Just cant understand why thats happened now there was no knocking before on the original springs.
I suppose i could live with it as its not a loud knock but would rather get it sorted.....ANY ideas ? ARB Bushes....top mounts........drop links......?????

2006 A3 TDI SPORT LOWERED AROUND 25-30MM

Topmounts would be my guess. Seems to happen when lowering springs are fitted, maybe hte extra stiffness sees them off?

It could be the wishbone. Had the same proplem on my S3 and it was the bushes that had fallen apart. Does it do it one both sides or just one in particular?