Knackered engine

unclebunt

Reaction score
engines knackered, it happened going over nasty pothole and cracked sump, unfortunately was driven down the road after and engine completely died with a trail of oil behind it. Anyone have an estimate for a new engine for 210 s3 8l? Absolutely gutted

Unlucky the UK roads are terrible this time of year. if I had a spare car, money, time and ability. I would use this as an opportunity to build an engine on a bench with some of those smart part from badger5. But I have seen AMK engines on eBay for as few hundred.
Might your existing engine be salvageable can this not be classed as an accident on insurance? The sump didn't fall off and also I think you can sue council for pothole damage.

Looked into this the road that it was damaged on was an unadopted road so can't claim for it off council :/

Thats not a nice situation,sorry mate have you spoken to your insurance.

Didnt the oil light come on? You must have driven for ages to completely destroy the motor?

No oil light didn't come on and had faulty mad sensor so engine management lights been on. No wasn't far just had a huge trail of oil

It's disappointing the insurance cannot help if fully comprehensive, you effectively had an accident, if you had hit a deer the insurance would pay up, so what's the difference.

best of luck getting it looked at to see what's what.

Are you sure it was the pothole and not just the engine letting go ?
Be fairly easy to tell the difference between a crack in the sump caused by hitting something and something coming from inside the engine and out through the sump....