Kick when changing gears after launch control

gunazzi

Reaction score
Audi a5 2012 quattro tfsi 2.0t
I bought this car quite recently, it seems like theres some issues during launch control.. During launch control, the gear upshifts are very rough, it feels like its slow to upshift, loses some power and when it does upshift it gives it an abrupt kick/increase in power. Trying to describe it the best i can

I bought the car already remapped to stage 1, has straight pipe, decat etc.

I think that it must be from the remap that was made, perhaps not the best remap, any ideas?

Launch control is very aggressive and puts significant stress on the drive train components. Continued use will mostly likely damage the DSG clutch plates particularly on a remapped car. What you describe could be clutch slip or the car losing traction’s due to ESP being switched off. You can check the launch counter (how many have been used) in the gearbox using VCDS

Audi a5 2012 quattro tfsi 2.0t
I bought this car quite recently, it seems like theres some issues during launch control.. During launch control, the gear upshifts are very rough, it feels like its slow to upshift, loses some power and when it does upshift it gives it an abrupt kick/increase in power. Trying to describe it the best i can

I bought the car already remapped to stage 1, has straight pipe, decat etc.

I think that it must be from the remap that was made, perhaps not the best remap, any ideas?
Im getting the same problem u discribed here, have u found what the problem was?