Keyless Entry Setting

VWNCC

Reaction score
For the newer A4/A5, Q5 and above, in the car's MMI setting one can go to Menu>Vehicle>Vehicle Settings>Central Locking and then uncheck the box that says "open with convenience key" to disable keyless entry..

Is there such option in the 8Y A3/S3 in the MMI or does it still use the same 8V A3/S3 keyless entry disabling method where one has to lock with key and then touch the handle to only disable one time?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I’m away you have to lock/unlock the car with the key fob. Starting and stopping the engine is keyless

As far as I’m away you have to lock/unlock the car with the key fob. Starting and stopping the engine is keyless

Thanks for the response. Do you have the convenience key option and does the option to disable the convenience key exist in MMI as described in the original post?

I have that convenience key option (tho in the PL cfg it was called sth like "comfort key with safelock") in the S3, but i bet it's all the same.
You can open/close the car just by touching the door handle (same as e.g. on the A4 B9) and you have the ability to disable that via the MMI.

Reactions: SquidGame, VWNCC and AdamInKent
I have that convenience key option (tho in the PL cfg it was called sth like "comfort key with safelock") in the S3, but i bet it's all the same.
You can open/close the car just by touching the door handle (same as e.g. on the A4 B9) and you have the ability to disable that via the MMI.

Thank you very much for the response. It is good to hear that the 8Y has the ability to disable that via the MMI, unlike the 8V. So, I guess the setting is like the A4 then.

How about the boot? Is there option in the MMI to enable/disable that?

Just tested it on my vorsprung bud, and yep when you disable it via the mmi the boot lid stops working with the foot swipe motion

Reactions: VWNCC