Key Fob not working

mrchimps

Reaction score
Hi

Just before Christmas my remote fob was working intermittently, so I changed the battery and it stopped working all together. Did the re-sync thing as so many times before but nothing completely dead.

Tried other batteries and re-syncs but nothing and manual opening is becoming pain in the tits. Is there a simple way to check what it might be? the central locking via the button in the car works its just the remote.

Also the rear passenger door wont open via the handle on the out side, have to reach in and pull the internal handle twice then it will open, it also then opens from the out side (thought this was child lock at first, but then it would be the other way, i.e out side not inside) confusing my self now :)

Any ideas or help appreciated?

Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the fob.?The door seems like it needs a look inside to see whats jamming

Had the fob apart a few times and the contacts seem good.

Yeah was thinking it might be a poke around in the door. I doesn't bother me as much when the fob was workign as it was just a couple of presses on the fob, but when its a manual walk round the cars and lean in..

Thanks for the suggestions

Just to update and close this thread.

I found the problem to be one of the legs of the battery holder had come away from the PCB, a bit of solder and its good as new :)

Reactions: mattyboyc
Glad your all sorted. Nothing worse than having to poke it in the hole!!:smirk: