Just ordered my RS3: info on discount, BW, buckets..

Ashbrummy

Reaction score
So I've just ordered my RS3 again! Got a good deal and with a bw50 (word of caution no later than FEB delivery just in case of any delays) you cannot go wrong with that!

So my order came up to 51,039 and I have managed to achieve a discount of around 4% and a few small freebies so good going.

In regards to discount, they take each order by a case by case basis, so if you are thinking of achieving similar discount on the base price of the RS3, no chance.. you would need to add a similar amount in options [£] to get anywhere near what I got in discount...

Been told that bucket seats are likely to be added from BW 42. Ceramic brakes which I wanted is a no no as it can delay car for several months and likely to be stupidly expensive too.

Dealer in question has a few open allocations so if anyone would like to order, PM me and I will fwd details.

Cannot wait!
biggrin.png

Is that a factory order?? or an amended slot? I ordered 9 Sept and still no date but managed a better deal than you ;-)

Is that a factory order?? or an amended slot? I ordered 9 Sept and still no date but managed a better deal than you ;-)

Better deal?! By how much?!

I think it's a amended slot, they haven't had any orders in Sepang so guessing they haven't had much orders..

How do I send a PM? Bristol Audi just sold my S3 14 plate for £31k!

Good god!

Click on my username, pop up box should come up and click the red title which says "start a conversation'' can't miss it.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
"Been told that bucket seats are likely to be added from BW 42"

Mine is being built w/c 12 October, is that BW40? Should I / could I hold out a week or two for the buckets?! My dealer would no doubt have a fit :tonguewink:

TX.

Reactions: Ashbrummy
why do you want buckets, is it leaking?? :whistle2::whistle2:

Reactions: Nimbus265, DommyR and Ashbrummy

Mine is being built w/c 12 October, is that BW40? Should I / could I hold out a week or two for the buckets?! My dealer would no doubt have a fit :tonguewink:

TX.

Assuming BW is the same as the normal week number, your car will be BW 42.

Mine is BW43! Not interested in buckets though ;-)

When you add the buckets to your order will it not push your BW back?

TX.

He didn't say for definite, just likely from being told from the horses mouth (sales executive/manager)

You could do mate, delay it for a month or two! Buckets look fab, I'm sure that there's going to be some additional spec added sometime in October.

In regards to adding Buckets and pushing BW back I'm not so sure but I doubt it, if the Audi R8 is landing sometime in October in the UK with bucket seats available to order then I cannot see what would be the holdup be with fitting them into the RS3, assuming it's a straight fit and so on...

Additional spec?? Where have you heard that from! What is the spec??

From the dealer in question ;) said to keep checking the configurator. March/when the facelift is due is likely to see more noticeable additions to spec sheet.

Exact month for facelift is unknown, but mid-cycle refresh with lot of new specs (tech and more) is confirmed for 2016.
March is a possible date for presentation.

http://www.gospelherald.com/article...hack-resistant-virtual-cockpit-technology.htm

In some week of next month buckets will be available under configurator, starting with november builds, this was confirmed from some other dealers too. I posted about it Aug 16: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-8v-orders-list.242631/page-29#post-2536163

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Interesting... so is an April build likely to possess the updates mentioned or is my new car going to be an old model very quickly??

Interesting... so is an April build likely to possess the updates mentioned or is my new car going to be an old model very quickly??

First deliveries of facelift will take more time, probably one year from now... so it will be a new car for some time (and anyway, RS3 isn't a "popular" car).

Ordering on feb just before geneva motor show will be a little more risky.

So sad the rs3 didn't come with park assist. I'm terrible with reverse parking.

Yeah I park in a lot of places where reverse parking is the only option. I end up curbing the wheels. I'll have to find out if it's an option aviable but if it's not on the rs3 I doubt it will ever be!

So I've just ordered my RS3 again! Got a good deal and with a bw50 (word of caution no later than FEB delivery just in case of any delays) you cannot go wrong with that!

So my order came up to 51,039 and I have managed to achieve a discount of around 4% and a few small freebies so good going.

In regards to discount, they take each order by a case by case basis, so if you are thinking of achieving similar discount on the base price of the RS3, no chance.. you would need to add a similar amount in options [£] to get anywhere near what I got in discount...

Been told that bucket seats are likely to be added from BW 42. Ceramic brakes which I wanted is a no no as it can delay car for several months and likely to be stupidly expensive too.

Dealer in question has a few open allocations so if anyone would like to order, PM me and I will fwd details.

Cannot wait!
biggrin.png

umm hate to be the bearer of bad news but 8% is easily achievable regardless of options.... where on earth did you order from?!

umm hate to be the bearer of bad news but 8% is easily achievable regardless of options.... where on earth did you order from?!

Tell me where I can achieve anywhere near 8% and I'll give you 500 quid right now!!!

Reactions: FBF01, EddieRS3, DommyR and 2 others
Been told that the buckets and ceramics could be delayed until next year from speaking to my sales guy form the message he left me when he contacted Audi UK. WTF?!

Been told that the buckets and ceramics could be delayed until next year from speaking to my sales guy form the message he left me when he contacted Audi UK. WTF?!
But if you have ordered your car recently, you can't specify them anyway. Or is your dealer holding your order until they are available?

But if you have ordered your car recently, you can't specify them anyway. Or is your dealer holding your order until they are available?

BW is 50/51 so I have like the another month or so to change spec before it gets locked was the message I recieved when I ordered, however he spoke to Audi UK yesterday and has been told that they are going to delay bringing them out until early next year..

Sorry to break it to you but how do you know your build week will be 50/51 if you have have just ordered using your own spec? I'm sure there was a certain build week it would be one or the other? I wouldn't be happy with being told that. Sounds like your going to get stitched up.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Hmm so 2500 quid for less adjustment. Bargain.

I will get clarification in regards to my order.

EDIT He did say build week 50 100%, he did say it should be here end of December but wants to say middle of Jan just to be on the safe side...

I looked on the audi.de config but can't see any options to spec bucket seats, can the dealer add the spec code to the order?

Will have to register on the rs3.de forum should be someone on there who knows a bit more about this,

Last edited:
I had a nice surprise yesterday, I was expecting around April next year but been informed my car has been pulled forward to BW4. It won't be easy to wrench myself away from the current S3 Cab but no doubt when I see the new beast my mind will be made up.

I've changed spec several times based on my S3 ownership experience.

Final below

Black
Privacy
Dynamic Pack
Sport pack, the aluminium styling.
Standard Wheels
Basic Nav
Lunar silver Interior

Reactions: Ashbrummy and RGBARGEE