Just fitted my TIP and Jetex

Danman1

Thorough noob
Reaction score
Well I put aside the morning to do this job. 5 hours later I've just finished....! I fitted the B5 TIP with the Jetex and my 007p and my custom made heat shield. I am not a mechanic, and don't know much about engines but I managed to do this job. So anyone worried they don't have the skill to do it, don't be. Bills instructions were great and TIP fitted nicely with very little cutting required.

I think the hardest bit was removing the crappy standard Audi hose clips, jesus. I just need to go back and tidy up a few bits then it's finished.

Does the Jetex filter require any sort of 'filter oil' to be applied to it?

Dan

No oil, it's a dry filter. Which is why it's one of the best for our engines. As the oiled type kills the maf after a while IIRC

Ahh such a great mod! Just done my write up with pics on my thread... the sound is amazing! You got the yellow spring fitted?

Ahh such a great mod! Just done my write up with pics on my thread... the sound is amazing! You got the yellow spring fitted?

Yeah it came with the yellow one, i dont have a remap yet... Is it the right one?

Yes its the right one for a remap! Bit strong for the normal map so get that map on :)

Ahh youll love it alot more! Your in the mids right? if you wanna see a mapped S3 (if you've not already been in one) then id be happy to show you!