Just a quick car tax question

SinghB7

Reaction score
I bought another B7 monday that wasn't taxed, I have insurance on it and mot. I want to buy tax tomorow for 12 months. Tomorow is the earliest day you can buy before 1st april, will the tax be valid from as soon as I have bought it or will it be valid from the 1st of april if I bought tomorow.

Thanks

Strange, I got my disc two weeks before it was due, only because I was putting a cherished plate on and the dvla wanted a copy of the current and new disc.

If it's Aprils disc it's not valid till the 1st. Or you can get march but lose a month

I know today is the last day to buy for march, i phoned the post office and they said if i buy today i'd lose a month but if i buy tomorow it would be for the full 12 months. Confused.com! lol

out of curiosity how much is tax for a year on a 2.0 on that side of the pond.

I bought another B7 monday that wasn't taxed, I have insurance on it and mot. I want to buy tax tomorow for 12 months. Tomorow is the earliest day you can buy before 1st april, will the tax be valid from as soon as I have bought it or will it be valid from the 1st of april if I bought tomorow.

Thanks

Singh didn't you ask the same question on SaxP :)

You can get 12 months plus one week for car tax .... I know this coz that's what I got :)

out of curiosity how much is tax for a year on a 2.0 on that side of the pond.

On my old 2.0tdi 140 and my new 2.0tdi 170 its the same at £175 for 12 months

Singh didn't you ask the same question on SaxP :)

You can get 12 months plus one week for car tax .... I know this coz that's what I got :)

Yeah I did lol

The car hasn't got tax at all on it atm so I think i'll wait till the 1st of april judging by other peoples comments, thanks all!

£280-00 audi 2.0 for 12 months and £220-00 for a transit van, robbing baskets

You think that's robbery I'm in Ireland and it's 760 euro for the year, you don't even want to know what it was on my last car 2.5 Quattro sport

Fair play that`s getting shafted properly, I thought everything over there runs on red diesel and kerosene :yes:

Reactions: rizzini7
Even more ridiculous - you know those huge German Hymer motorhomes that are 8ft wide, 10ft tall and 25ft long? The road tax on them is £165 - they are classed as PHG (Private Heavy Goods) which is a flat rate.

The 1.3 cdti corsa £35 a yr. then the combo van same engine £220 a year

New RS4 is £1000ish for the 1st year lol
Then £450/£500 a year after that