1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Jumping ship...

azibux1 Jan 3, 2018

1. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

It's been great spending time reading and learning here... Thanks to ALL the knowledgeable people who have given assistance on various topics... And you too @jassyo06 hahaaaa kidding! :D Everyone has been great.

I've spent so much (too much lol) time on this site!

I love my car but just get bored easily after (nearly) a couple of years lol

I am off... Well sort of... My Dad is keeping my car so I'll still be about a bit!

Any guesses?? It's still German, different brand, RWD, similar size and more powahhhhhh! :D that's enough clues for a good guess lol

I still prefer the Audi interior... But this car is going to be much more of an occasion to drive and it's bought for that reason really... The interior is still nice!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Ya bawbag Yiv gone all bmw on us lol M240i lol?

Awesome mate spill the beanz

4. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Hahahaha you're VERY close!

Go up a bit (but not too much) and you've got it! :D

Only one option left lol

pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  5. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

340i/440i what colour ye gone for mate

pburv likes this.
  6. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

I said not too far up! Lol M2! :D

Excited doesn't cover it!!

4K, RSTHRILLER, Glasgoe Joe and 4 others like this.
  7. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

M2 ya ****** dancer..... Lol bet ye Yiv gone for long beach blue..... Eh?

pburv, MattSedg and azibux1 like this.
  8. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Was a tough one... Was thinking Black Sapphire Metallic.. But rethinking (from a maintenance, visuals point of view)... It had to be Long Beach :D

pburv, Audi Bairn and jassyo06 like this.
  9. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Anyway pal am well chuffed for you and what a upgrade.... Maybe end up in the next M2 when they make it

Ps please feel free to get them photos up when you get it March 18?

pburv, Joe4842 and azibux1 like this.
  10. PanamaS3

PanamaS3 Registered User

well all there is to say is congrats @azibux1 ......keep in touch....pics or it didnt happen.....tell your old man to get on here so we can tell him some blue jokes :) lol

pburv, jassyo06 and azibux1 like this.
  11. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Tis indeed the best colour for it mate the LCI model looks ace

pburv and azibux1 like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Thanks guys!

I'll do my best to get a couple of pics up!

Hopefully this Saturday all being well as it was a new car but sitting built ready in the dealer compound stock! :D

14. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Yeah there's the M2 Competition rumoured for July 2018 but I'd had enough of facelifts, delays and price increases while ordering the S3 lol so thought I'll just go for it!

Flying Scotsman, pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  15. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

I enquired about a M2 roughly this time last year mate, twas a showroom car with the carbon pack on it really awesome looking beast it was, so talking to a sales guy, then sat down to talk figures..... He said the car in the showroom was £57.000..... Though to myself that's too expensive.... So on he went l said a £8k deposit..... I then mentioned that word discount.... He said we don't discount them...... Straight away l was up out of the chair heading towards the door lol a year ago there was a waiting list though

16. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Haha it is crazy!! The situation is very much the same still. The dealer said they only get about 3 build slots per year. Luckily if I wanted a factory order I found a dealer who could do it for mid-March, but another one did tell me it would be the end of 2018.

Also heard the same... That they simply don't need to discount them so they also don't offer any deposit contributions or anything. Said the most they normally give off is <£1k!

The M Performance Carbon bits do look amazing!! But with those and the M Performance exhaust you're soon looking at £4-£5k lol

17. BarryG79

BarryG79 Registered User

Congrats on the new motor, good choice on the colour too. Next door neighbour has M2 in LBB as well, was never sure on the colour until I seen his, simply stunning! Enjoy it when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azibux1, pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  18. MattSedg

MattSedg ex S3 owner Gold Supporter

congrats! Only ever seen one in M2 in that colour so far.......them rear arches are a work of art :hubbahubba:
    As already said when it comes, pics please!

azibux1, pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  19. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

Nice one @azibux1 (on getting the M2, not that you're leaving lol!).
    Looking forward to those pics mate.................

20. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Yeah bmw charge £5k to the punters mate, in 2 years time l will look at what's available in the BMW range if Jordan is still with them that is, the M lights are the sweet spots of there car ranges just like the Audi S models but the jump up to a actual M car is a tad expensive, l love my S3 but it will be last Audi..... BMW are starting to get there act together with their interiors so hopefully good things to come from them.... The LCI has the new front and rear led lights plus a few other wee tweeks you'll love it but that suspension on the M2...... Is quite firm lol

Rolly12, MattSedg, Audi Bairn and 2 others like this.
  21. pburv

pburv Registered User

Congrats mate.
    I am not jealous at all:sob:
    Looking forward to the picks:salute:

22. TYb

TYb Registered User

Very nice choice, the M cars really look special. Pictures please

23. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Thanks everyone! :D Looks like pics are definitely required lol. I didn't think it was right to just quietly disappear off to the BMW forums without saying something here since everyone has been a great help.

Saturday can't come sooner though :D hahaha

Ha yeah the ride is firm I'd say, not stiff, but firm lol. I didn't find it too bad during the couple of test drives I had. But like I say it's kind of why you buy the car, it is one of the characteristics that makes it drive the way it does and although the interior isn't on the same level as the S5 I was considering as the other option, it is also far from terrible and better than I expected.

They had a san merino blue M4 CS in the showroom... that's a wonderful colour!

pburv, Jcbmally, MattSedg and 3 others like this.
  24. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

M4 CS At over £90k.......too rich and too extreme for most normal folks lol anyway Saturday will come soon enough mate

pburv likes this.
  25. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

For sure, this one was £98k lol crazy... someone will probably buy it as a garage queen :D

26. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

@azibux1 what do you mean your leaving? That is not allowed. Lol, seriously, enjoy the new car. Look forward to the pics. :)

pburv, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 3 others like this.
  27. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

Late to the party....great colour, great engine and not too shabby looking either. Interior is OK but not quite in Audi league. The ride is, as are all M cars a bit harsh, but not brutal. I still have a hunkering for RWD drive cars as they truly are fun to drive and just feel right, when cornering etc.
    Enjoy your new purchase and send pics, but please do not be an idiot BMW driver, as many are prone to be.

28. GTAIVgunner

GTAIVgunner Registered User

Great car you're moving to! You'll be collecting a nice beemer on Saturday and I'll be getting a Pug :tearsofjoy:

Good luck with it and like the others have said, pictures are a must :D

29. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Ha thanks all :D Really looking forward to it. Will try not to become a BMW idiot :p

No worries @GTAIVgunner I'm sure it will be great! I had a Pug recently as a hire car on holiday and it was actually really nice!

Here's a rubbish teaser pic

m2.jpg

pburv, Jcbmally, GTAIVgunner and 10 others like this.
  30. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Bawbag Ye am well jel......get them te fire on the high Gloss front Kidney grille or the deals offsky.....lol

pburv, Audi Bairn, azibux1 and 2 others like this.
  31. MattSedg

and theres some very tasty looking front splitters available.....build thread @azibux1 please! :rockwoot:

pburv, azibux1 and jassyo06 like this.
  32. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

The OEM Carbon kit.....blawz them awe oot the water mate....lol

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Black kidney grills and M Performance carbon spoiler were part of the deal! I made sure! :D haha

Spoiler is on back order though so will have to collect without that :(
    What @jassyo06 said really! I have splitter'd my last two cars BUT I think on this I prefer the M Performance Carbon Splitter Corners, but they are £600 discounted without fitting!

Decent splitter is usually around £300 so I guess not too bad

35. MattSedg

carbonara special, oh yes please
    stock-photo-smiling-italian-chef-with-a-pizza-in-hand-263991329.jpg

pburv, azibux1 and jassyo06 like this.
  36. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

PMSL.....Ps l hate carbonara in the interior of a car but on the exterior it looks ****** on a M car

37. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

MAYBE JUST MAYBE....My son could get ye one at cost mate,l will ask for ya,Edit he can get you one at cost price

38. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Ooooo jassy!! :D I have spent most of my spare money as you can imagine haha - but in a couple of months possibly. I think over front splitter corners I reckon for now (as I could only afford one lol) I'd prefer the side blades.

Could you please thank Jordan for his kind offer and ask him (then PM me) invididual delivered prices for side blades (carbon) and rear diffuser (carbon) please??

I can get discounted from another dealer on the BMW forum: blades for £600 and diffuser for £625 but I reckon they're still making money on me... lol

pburv and MattSedg like this.
  39. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Let me know when you have the dosh for your first exterior mod mate and Jordan will get you it at cost price plus postage

40. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

'Another' runner from the Audi brand ... :superman:

Seriously tho' great choice @azibux1
    Looking foreword to more pics

41. PanamaS3

PanamaS3 Registered User

is it going to look like this when you are done putting on carbon diffuser/bits and bobs @azibux1 ?
    [​IMG]

pburv, Jcbmally, Pinky1959 and 3 others like this.
  42. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Thanks mate I appreciate it a lot :D I'll definitely be in touch!
    Haha no! I have the fastest colour remember lol

pburv, jassyo06 and PanamaS3 like this.
  43. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

This will beat the s**t out of that poser :blow::whistle2:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    pburv, Jcbmally, PanamaS3 and 4 others like this.