Joined the Audi club (again, for the 4th time!)

Jay Be

Reaction score
Hi all,

After lurking these forums for the past 6 months whilst I decided my next car purchase I have finally put a deposit down on a brand new S4 which is due for March delivery just in time for it to be an 18’ plate . Decided to trade in my 420d m sport and go back to Audi as I’ve had 4 already and loved them. BMW 420 was good but not an Audi!

My spec ordered is as follows:

Mythos Black Metallic
Red brake calipers
Privacy glass
Sound and Comfort pack
Black Piano Inlay
19” V spoke grey diamond cut finish alloys
Extended LED interior lighting
Virtual Cockpit
Audi 4 rings door lighting
4 year extended warranty

It took me ages to decide the spec and I think it’s got everything I need now. I didn’t want the comfort and sound pack but I wanted the B&O system and unfortunately for Q4 audi decided it can’t be purchased on its own!

I test drove the Golf R, Focus RS, Civic type R, BMW M4, C43 AMG and the S4 and I decided the S4 was an all rounder for excitement, power, price and above all the interior...wow it’s far beyond any of the above cars I drove. To top it off the price and deal was amazing. Everything came to 50k with options and I walked away with a deal of £41k...amazing. I think Audi are pushing the A4’s a lot atm so the deals are really good.

Once I have pictures I will post although I have a very long wait .

Reactions: cuke2u and AlnSaz
Hi all,

After lurking these forums for the past 6 months whilst I decided my next car purchase I have finally put a deposit down on a brand new S4 which is due for March delivery just in time for it to be an 18’ plate . Decided to trade in my 420d m sport and go back to Audi as I’ve had 4 already and loved them. BMW 420 was good but not an Audi!

My spec ordered is as follows:

Mythos Black Metallic
Red brake calipers
Privacy glass
Sound and Comfort pack
Black Piano Inlay
19” V spoke grey diamond cut finish alloys
Extended LED interior lighting
Virtual Cockpit
Audi 4 rings door lighting
4 year extended warranty

It took me ages to decide the spec and I think it’s got everything I need now. I didn’t want the comfort and sound pack but I wanted the B&O system and unfortunately for Q4 audi decided it can’t be purchased on its own!

I test drove the Golf R, Focus RS, Civic type R, BMW M4, C43 AMG and the S4 and I decided the S4 was an all rounder for excitement, power, price and above all the interior...wow it’s far beyond any of the above cars I drove. To top it off the price and deal was amazing. Everything came to 50k with options and I walked away with a deal of £41k...amazing. I think Audi are pushing the A4’s a lot atm so the deals are really good.

Once I have pictures I will post although I have a very long wait .
Thats a very nice spec and sounds like a great deal, the wait is painful but I'm sure if other S4 owners are anything to go by - well worth it :)

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Excellent spec. We look forward to pics. Hope the wait passes quickly :)

@Jay Be car sounds awesome mate well played.

Your short list was pretty awesome too so im curious to know what would you have chosen out of the rest that you test drove??

@Jay Be car sounds awesome mate well played.

Your short list was pretty awesome too so im curious to know what would you have chosen out of the rest that you test drove??

Thanks mate, I’m so excited haha!!

The Golf R came a very close 2nd. However, the new mk8 golf is just around the corner and in 12 months time roughly the mk7.5 will be out of date and the value will plummet so didn’t want to lose a lot of money. Cars obviously depreciate but they depreciate a lot quicker when a brand new model comes within 12 months. I don’t tend to keep cars too long but I’ve always said my next car would be for at least 3 years so that ruled the golf out.

I loved all the cars I drove though and to be honest the civic type R was awesome but the interior quality was so poor. I know the Honda engines are great but flimsy plastics, old MMI technology and cheap seat material just put me off! I think I’m a car snob...