James' B8 A4

James.B8

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought I'd start a thread for my car.
My mods so far to the car have been small. Got the RS4 grill and some new black s line badges. Im thinking of changing the wheels to rotors too instead of the lambo wheels and having it lowered on springs and I'll probably get a remap.

Just wondering if I could get a few opinions on my wrap....
Cars black wrapped pearlescent white apart from roof, mirrors, handles and side skirt.
Now I like the roof and mirrors black but not sure on the door handles. Think I should get them wrapped to match or leave it?

Cheers, James

Welcome @JamesAa ! Nice looking car.

Oh and buy a proper snow foam lance, the Karcher one is a bit rubbish (been there, EBayed it, bought the real thing). :D

Reactions: feva
Welcome @JamesAa ! Nice looking car.

Oh and buy a proper snow foam lance, the Karcher one is a bit rubbish (been there, EBayed it, bought the real thing). :D
Thank you!
Haha yeah it is a bit pants will have to upgrade it soon

Reactions: scotty76
Welcome James. As above proper snow foam lance makes a massive difference well worth it.

Love the white and black contrast.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Welcome James. As above proper snow foam lance makes a massive difference well worth it.

Love the white and black contrast.

Thanks! Yeah I'll definitely get myself a new one, the whites a nightmare to keep clean. Cheers

I like it as it is mate :)
Looks spot on to me

Reactions: James.B8 and feva
Just booked in for a remap with quantum tuning in Bristol tomorrow. Gone for the hybrid map (mix of power and economy) quoted £250 which seems good. Anyone had any experience of them?

Reactions: xpoweruk
yes i have had three cars done by them! make sure you don't get the EGR blanked if you are keeping your DPF

Reactions: James.B8
TBF was okay but the only give you rough figures this time i wanna have rolling road before and after

Can anyone recommend some wheel spacers? Brand and size? I want a bit more poke on the rear wheels.

These wheels will eventually be upgraded to rotors and might go for 20" next time over the 19" I have currently and probably be getting some eibach sportline springs soon to close the arch gap up a bit.
Cheers, James

Did you get the remap done James
No I cancelled it in the end. The guy that's fitting the springs for me does remaps so I'm going to talk with him about it and I think he's actually cheaper. So I might get a map done the same time as the springs

In also looking getting mine mapped after I've been on holiday, going do get rid of the egr and dpf though, are you or just going for a map

In also looking getting mine mapped after I've been on holiday, going do get rid of the egr and dpf though, are you or just going for a map
Just the map for now but no doubt in the future I'll want to do more

Just bought some of this 5D Carbon wrap for my interior. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2D-3D-4D-5D...995788?varId=500461474499&txnId=1398295568010
Sick of the silver and it's showing its age. Will post pics when done. Not sure how it will look.

Cars going in for the springs to be fitted tomorrow and maybeeeee a remap but here's how it's looking now...

Can't wait to see how it looks with the drop. Will probably need to get myself some spacers

Reactions: Dsport
Get some pics up when you've had it done

Reactions: Bulldog
Quick pic but I'll take some better ones tomorrow. Expecting it to settle down a bit more on the rear. The drive feels much smoother and takes the corners more comfortably without as much roll.

The difference in tyre size is really starting to bother me now looks wise so I'll have to get another pair of 255/35/19s to match the front.
Really disappointed I couldn't get the remap today so I'll have to go somewhere else.

Attempted to wrap the interior too today but didn't come out great so I'll retry another day

It looks much better dropped, mine took about two week for the rear to settle down by wasn't using much at the time, I'm not a big fan of carbon wrapp anymore I'd have gone piano black,

It looks much better dropped, mine took about two week for the rear to settle down by wasn't using much at the time, I'm not a big fan of carbon wrapp anymore I'd have gone piano black,
Thanks I think so too. Yeah I was debating just going for piano black. Looks cleaner. Needs redoing and was really cheap so can always buy some black instead

Nice drop that James. Wrapping is (can be) tricky. Carbon needs to be 100% perfect imo for the lines to look good. As Daz has said gloss black will be much easier to do.

Nice drop that James. Wrapping is (can be) tricky. Carbon needs to be 100% perfect imo for the lines to look good. As Daz has said gloss black will be much easier to do.

Thanks @feva. Yeah it is tricky. Just have to practice and take your time. Yeah I'm thinking black might look better now it's on

As you've said mate its not expensive is it. Cheap but tricky mod.

The carbon vinyl is a git to use on shaped interior parts I found.
I tried it,got OK results but in the end I used Rustoleum Peel Coat spray on mine (it's like plastidip)

The carbon vinyl is a git to use on shaped interior parts I found.
I tried it,got OK results but in the end I used Rustoleum Peel Coat spray on mine (it's like plastidip)
I did consider spraying it but wasn't sure

Few more photos of the drop on my car...

Reactions: Dsport, Bulldog, feva and 1 other person
Finally got around to spraying my trim! Ordered gloss black but it came as Matt black :scared2: Decided to use it anyway and I think it looks alright imo. Left a little bit of carbon on the dash just to break things up a bit.

Hey James.B8.

Been reading your progress on your wrap as I am interested in doing something similar in my B8.

Can I ask what was the original colour of your inserts ,where they all silver? (doors, dash clock surround, gear surround, etc) I also hate the silver but for some reason, I only have silver on the trim surrounding the dash clocks, everything else is gloss black.

My main concern was matching the colour/shade of the rest of my trim, I have gloss black trim inside. Not had much experience in painting plastics before. Here good things about Plasti-Dip but not sure if suitable for this, especially if I want to go gloss black. Can you actually match the black gloss in Audi's or is it something special?