1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itv tonight keyless car theft. Home made faraway box!!! MUST READ

Buxton2901 Nov 8, 2018

1. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone watched the itv tonight programme about car theft and specifically the keyless theft with the signal boosters.
    Anyway I have started to panic so just made myself a home made faraway box for key which works a treat
    Can stand with the box pressed against the window and car will not open. Open the box slightly and it picks up the signal[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rhyso, Sandra and q5man like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Rhyso

Rhyso Well-Known Member

Do forget one for your spare key too ;)

I bought a couple of pouches from Amazon for £10 but that idea looks great for a DIY solution :D

Suffolk Bloke and Buxton2901 like this.
  4. Buxton2901

Spare key is in a locked drawer wrapped in foil now lol. I am going to look for a more permanent solution or a nicer looking one perhaps this is just a temporary solution to this problem which I had heard of but didn't realise how easy and cheaply this signal booster can be bought and how quick these bar stewards can have your pride and joy away.

Rhyso likes this.
  5. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

I saw a vid on FB where they cut the lids off drink cans and they are good enough to block the signal.

Buxton2901 and Rhyso like this.
  6. Suffolk Bloke

Suffolk Bloke New Member Team Panther Audi S3 Sportback S tronic DSG

Spare key in a safe. Main key in a drawer at back of house. Both in faraday wallets from Amazon. Can stand next to car and won't open unless remove key from wallet...

q5man, Buxton2901 and Rhyso like this.
  7. Bishop187

Bishop187 New Member

What was the programme called? I missed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buxton2901 likes this.
  8. Buxton2901

Tonight car crime I think. On itv. Was on at 7.30 last night. Should be on catch up

9. k3vkr

k3vkr New Member

That will go lovely with your tin foil hat mate

Buxton2901 and Bishop187 like this.