It's goodbye from me - some closing thoughts

RSt3ve

Reaction score
I sold my car today, more on that shortly, but just wanted to say thanks to all posters and contributors on here, it's been a good place to be both pre and post delivery with some useful insights.

So on to the car.

In short, I've absolutely loved owning it, but the love ran out on my return from my European road trip. Simply put, driving it on some of the best roads in the world will never be beaten. Coupled with a reduction in requirement for me to use it daily I really couldn't justify it anymore, for me it's just not a weekend car, it has too many seats and doors for that. Don't get me wrong, it's a monster of a car that will embarrass virtually anything on the road but it looks slower stood still, which it's being doing rather a lot of recently.

A few niggles I could never get over that have been discussed many times over on here, no tpms, no vent or stitching options, non handed discs, lack of other options found on 2014 spec cars etc.

Overall though, a great car and one I'm glad I've ticked off my list. Just those pesky opfs that let it down a little.

I sold it through We Buy Any Car as they gave me the best price out of the known sites, I think the chap was a little taken aback by the condition of it and proceeded to increase my valuation on the day.

As for what's next, I've opted for a company car for the first time in my life as I'd rather their asset sit on my drive than mine and I've been able to get a Model Y which is perfect for our MTB racing.

For playtime in the future I'm looking at something with two seats, got an Elise/Exige itch to scratch at some point, a Caterham has always been high on the list and I might try and find myself in a Porsche of some sort eventually.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for RS3s around and about, they're a stunning car and one which I'll always look back on fondly, but for now, cheerio and thanks for having me.

IMG 20221003 074909 074

Steve

Reactions: RS3ree, NevMan, RS5JON and 25 others
It’s been a pleasure sir, been great to read your posts / info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin, RSt3ve and 1 other person
Sorry to see you go Steve. It’s been a pleasure having you on the forum. Please drop in and let us know how your doing.

Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin, RSt3ve and 2 others
Thanks both, I intend to keep browsing and will contribute as and when I can, especially as more and more owners start collecting their cars.

Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin, Sandra and 2 others
For playtime in the future I'm looking at something with two seats, got an Elise/Exige itch to scratch at some point, a Caterham has always been high on the list and I might try and find myself in a Porsche of some sort eventually.
Good luck with it, :thumbs up:

This is one of the reasons I did not move onto an 8Y (even if I could have bought one) The cost of doing so over the DAZA would buy me something mid engined RWD and manual to play with.

Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin and RSt3ve
I have been following your post since I owned my 8P, I hope you find your beloved 2-seater for weekend!

Reactions: RSt3ve