Island hopping in Scotland

Reaction score
We've decided to spend a fortnight in Scotland rather than the usual weeks holiday. Normally we belt up the M6, spend most of our time in Fife, visit the Highlands for a couple of days in between, then belt it home.

This time we want to do a tour, so we're stopping on the way up to the border for a night, spending two nights in Sterling, gap in the middle still to be decided, a few days with family in Fife before travelling home.

It's the (gap) week or so in the middle I need help with. Where do we go from Sterling? We were thinking about doing some west coast island hopping up towards Fort William, before heading to Fife.

Our boys are 10 and 6.

Amy suggestions.

Cheers

Glen coe is nice and some good roads. Ski centre there for food and drinks ect even chance of seeing some snow depending on time of year

Reactions: Crazyfool
I'll get some details up over the next day or two.
The ferries are not the cheapest, but you could head for the Skye ferry from Mallaig, drive round the island and then drive off via the Skye Bridge.
Lots of nice things to see and plenty good roads to enjoy.

:salute:

I'll get some details up over the next day or two.
The ferries are not the cheapest, but you could head for the Skye ferry from Mallaig, drive round the island and then drive off via the Skye Bridge.
Lots of nice things to see and plenty good roads to enjoy.

:salute:
That's a great route.

I can give you a 3 day driving up north I can supply you with a route we used for the mini's in the past some cracking roads and nice places for an over night and also nice places to stop for lunch as we all like are food lol :)

There's not much in Mallaig to be honest. In the summer, there is the Jacobite steam train but, it's not really a tourist mecca. The scenery on the way there through Glenfinnan is spectacular.

The Isle of Skye is beautiful and the nearby by Eilean Donan castle is defo worth a visit!

Applecross is a must IMO as well

Reactions: Crazyfool and Jake 61