is my car jinxed?????

nwhiteley

Reaction score
Last week, i had my car broken in too, and everything was taken from the glove box.
Now this.... over the last few days, my S3 seems to getting a lot slower, but
sometimes it would be fine. So firstly i disconnected the MAF and took it for a spin. This improved matters slightly, and after reconnecting it, the car seemed to be back to normal some how. Great i thought, but this morning, the car was again very sluggish. At lunch i purchased a new MAF, and after fitting it, all seemed well again. BUT tonight on my way home from work, it has again gone very sluggish. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what could be causing this problem? Please?

ps. the car is re-remapped and a new Audi re-circ dv was fitted

what remap have you got on it? they advise you to fit a uprated DV valve like a forge when its remapped, i have a forge on mine and sounds sweet!

its been an odd day today, firstly in my desperation to find the cause of the current problem, i refitted the original DV, and problem cured. So all day i have been running this DV and not one problem. So i phoned the place that did the re-map, and he told me that the factory DV isnt good enough to cope with the added pressure from the extra re-map boost. On his advice i decided to trot along to Awesome GTI and buy an uprated Forge jobbie. This was duly fitted, let the engine warm up, and off i go. My first impression was that the car wasnt picking as well as before, but it did seem to run smoother, so i decided to have a think about whether to return the Forge unit to Awesome or give another go. This evening took the car for a blast up the M61, and i ran great and has done since. So, does the either the ECU have to learn about the new DV or does the Dv need a bedding in period before if works correctly?

you can tune the dv`s with different spring / shim arrangements but I suspect a new dv will be a little slow and would get better after a bit of running due to all the parts bedding in