Is it too late ?

Ytterligare

Reaction score
Yes, it is time for afterthoughts...
My A4 will be in the assembly line starting from December the 1st, and I was think about adding some more options...after all, she will be with me, I estimate, at least for 6/8 years, so a cost of a couple of thousand € more spanned in that timeframe will be acceptable..
What those options are is not important ( the most important for me is the "Adaptive comfort suspension with damping control", which FYI, here in Italy costs almost twice as in the U.K. : 1180 € vs. 600 GBP ), but my doubt is...will I be able to add the options in time Monday the 28th of November..? The Audi salesperson seems not sure about it, since if the "process flow" ( sorry can't find a reasonable translation in English) is already set, it might be too late even though the production will start December the 1st
Your thoughts?
Ciao
Andy

Its not likely, the parts are arranged well ahead of build date.
Must be still worth pushing your dealer though, what are you thinking of adding?

That's what I am afraid of...
I was thinking :
- Adaptive comfort suspension with damping control
- A change of inlays
- Variable head restraints for front seats
...and an option which is on the Italian Configurator, but I couldn't find in the U.K. Site...: "Emergency call & Service call Audi connect"

The order is usually locked by the factory approximately 4 weeks before production starts. It does vary a bit from car to car but it's almost certainly too late to modify the order now.

The dealer may consider ordering you an alternative car if they are confident they could sell your current order, but then of course you'd have to restart the ordering process and go to the back of the queue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, you know, I agree with you, I'm pretty sure I will not be able to modify the order, but things are slightly different this side of the channel, I believe.
First, I signed the order on November the 11th, that makes less than 3 weeks before production, so there seems to be less slack...maybe because we have the steering wheel the "right side" of the car ( wink, wink !) thus using a faster, bigger whatheverER production line than the one being used for the units to be sold in the U.K...:tearsofjoy:
Second...I live in the same town where ALL the Audis are imported before being delivered throughout the country, and I put the order directly from the official Audi national dealer, basically shortening the supply chain by a step at least...
Third, and this comes to my disadvantage in terms of adding "last minute options"..: the dealer is determined to register and deliver the car within 2016, for some financial reason I don't understand (I'm an IT guy, can't understand a thing about financial statements)...so, your idea of ordering an alternative car would be brilliant, but then it would be impossible to have it within 2016...
Now, despite the premises, how They could start building a car December the 1st and give it to me within December 23rd ( that's what they assured ) is a mystery to me...:bull head:
Andy

FYI, I contacted the dealer today and he confirmed that now it is too late to add the options listed above....: should have done that at least a couple of week before starting the car production ( which i due December the 1st )
Pity...

Andy