Is it possible to add equipment packs not originally specified?

OptimusPrime

Reaction score
I’m fairly familiar with VW group vehicles I recall Volkswagen started putting in one type of loom kits on newer models 2018 onwards which had the potential so that you could retrofit some equipment options not included at purchase.
I’m curious as whether this is possible on Audi if anyone is in the know?

I regret when ordering my car that I didn’t include the tour pack, mainly because I felt adaptive cruise control should of been a standard feature and wasn’t all that enamoured with the head up display.

Have a look here:

Also here:

I am thinking about doing the park pilot - self parking.

Cheers,
G.

Reactions: OptimusPrime
If you go down this route speak to Kufatec first to check that the option will work on your vehicle. When Audi moved from the MIB-2 platform to MIB-3, in 2020 the ability to add additional functionality was severely restricted. For instance on my 2019 car I was able to activate traffic Sign Recognition via a Kufatec dongle, but that is not possible on my 2021 car.

My vehicle is MY22. Im actually annoyed that during build I was called several times to explain certain features were being removed or added and I had no say because of shortage of computer chips at the time.

They moved some systems to a license based process on newer cars & some systems are predicted, like the A1 & A3 were for nav units on some, so it's probably possible but you'd need the activation & Audi being Audi they probably wouldn't give you that just to be arsey as you didn't get it at build.

It's a revolving door tbh as what was once today won't be tomorrow & makes it very hard for us to maintain processes so to speak.

As for fitting wiring to cater for other systems, I wish that was true, they just seem too willy nilly fit them for all or not, I've seen some cars prefacelift fitted with facelift wiring but unused, it's very unhelpful.

I probably need to get the loom verified first but my vehicle has all options, more specifically (C&S pack, City Assist pack).

I’m hoping the loom is the same and it just requires the applicable unit modules (radar, front grille etc) and update once connected to enable function(s).

I walked into the dealership yesterday looking to swap out for one with the all optional equipment and I’d have to get one made to order as apparently people tend to only have C&S pack. Finding one with all equipment and options as standard otherwise from new (build) is very rare if not almost impossible in my desired colour scheme.

I probably need to get the loom verified first but my vehicle has all options, more specifically (C&S pack, City Assist pack).

I’m hoping the loom is the same and it just requires the applicable unit modules (radar, front grille etc) and update once connected to enable function(s).

I walked into the dealership yesterday looking to swap out for one with the all optional equipment and I’d have to get one made to order as apparently people tend to only have C&S pack. Finding one with all equipment and options as standard otherwise from new (build) is very rare if not almost impossible in my desired colour scheme.
Would looking for a Vorsprung version be a better bet?

following on from my initial question I have some answers to share.

-My wiring loom does support the additional adaptive cruise control features and modules if fitted. (You will need the city assist pack to have a supporting loom for the Tour pack).

-Audi dealers do not have the facility to programme the control modules to enable the radar and adaptive cruise control.

-Audi have also made sure that if you retrofit these additions on models beyond 2022. Either stock or aftermarket it will not function with the system and has to be standalone.

In short the cost vs the practical application outweigh this being viable.

I have just placed an order for a new A6 Avant with every option ticked as a solution. The used car market with 19.9%APR compared to new car (5.2%APR) just isn’t worth it.