Is a 2.0Tfsi Quattro downpipe the same as a 2wd?

JasonK87

Reaction score
Hi, Names Jason and I'm in Wokingham, Berkshire UK

Drive a a4 b7 avant 2.0tfsi 2wd manual

I can't seem to find any info on this, can anyone confirm wether the downpipes are the same on 2wd and Quattro? I've got a 034 hfc and milltek exhaust but the downpipe is standard as can't seem to find one. I've found milltek do one but says for dtm and Quattro, to me in the picture it looks identical but just wondered if anyone knew for sure or have done it?

Many thanks
Jason

Hi Jason

And welcome to the forums.

I live in Berkshire - Edge of Bracknell/ascot to be exact

I am just trying to understand that if you have a HFC and a Miltek exhaust why would you want to change the down pipe as it shouldn't be standard if you have a Miltek system on.

If you need any help or assistance with your vehicle feel message me and I can help accordingly/advice accordingly :)

Thanks, it's about time I registered :)

I assumed you only get the downpipe section with a system for a Quattro/dtm?

I had the exhaust fitted at awesomegti, do you think I should of had a downpipe too then?

I've just bought the 034 hfc and haven't fitted it yet, recently noticed the downpipe is still standard so trying to source one before fitting the hfc

Just checked on milltek website and the system for the 2wd just comes with a connecting pipe, only the Quattro system comes with the large bore downpipe

Jason,
Your welcome to pop round and look under my bonnet on my DTM. I have an 034 hfc fitted about 5 weeks ago by AMD.
Im in Wokingham too.

Last edited:
Thanks, I think it's mainly underneath where it joins to the rest of the exhaust where it will be different, not sure it's really necessary anyway unless running big power so I'll leave it for now

Seems there's a few locals on here then, is there any meets or anything?

The difference is from the down pipe, it's routed slightly different. Although a full quattro system would fit with no issues.

But for some reason you pay aloy more for the quattro system. This must be down to the down pipe that comes with it.