Intermittent Headlight/LED fault

Mo01

Reaction score
Hi,

So sometimes when I start the car after a while or on some mornings the drivers side headlamp will fail to come on. Around 5 minutes into driving and it will comeon itself. However the drl and indicator fault will continue to be displayed on the instrument panel.

Othertimes I will start the car, all lights will work fone however, I continuously get a warming on the dash that the lights are not working.

Does anyone know what this maybe?

Thanks

Not heard of anything but I’d just be taking it in for warranty work if it’s still covered.

As a guess, it’ll need a new headlight as I believed they’re fully sealed units. Either that or a faulty connection/loom issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its a faully sealed unit, the car was damaged a while ago and one of the lugs on this headlight was repaied.

I know that may be a factor, but then why would the issue arise after so long?

I'd be taking stabs in the dark if I started guessing... Internal damage that's worsened as the car's been driven due to vibration? Moisture getting in over time? Could be a bunch of things really. I guess the only issue is that if it's been damaged and repaired that Audi won't be willing to cover it under warranty I can't imagine.

Well I hope it's not a new headlamp and maybe something VCDS can sort out. Just trying to find someone around Birmingham who can help.