Intermittent clutch squeak 1.8T

bigtommy

Reaction score
My wife has been complaining that the clutch squeaks in 1st gear now and again on initial take off. I've had it do it a couple of times too when i have driven it recently. there is no slippage at all. Car has only done 15k and is under warranty for few more months but given that the noise isn't always there I would bet the dealer won't be able to replicate it. I suspect the clutch release bearing might just need greasing. Any thoughts?

is it squeeking inside the cabin or in general as some cars have a spring mechanism adjuster on the clutch pedal and the spring can squeek

was told by dealer that clutches aren't ever covered under warranty because it is 'wear-and-tear'

you can argue that there is an expected lifespan on all components including perishable items like clutches tyres brakes.

at 15k miles on a std car i would say that that is easilly within an expected lifespan of any clutch components.

It's coming from The engine bay.

I'd be mega surprised if Audi could wriggle given it's age and miles- usually dealers like doing warranty work anyway as they get paid for it by Audi

this noise is getting more frequent now. especially when the car is under load on a hill for example. It is still not slipping though so i wonder whether it is one of the belts rather than the clutch. Any thoughts?