Interesting Dilemma

Theabbot

Reaction score
Your thoughts please, was all set to order a A4 TFSI 252 quattro with a whole load of extras when the dealer said why not have our pre-reg A7 with super sport seats and all the expensive options you can put on/it it for the same money, went for a drive and it's very nice, now confused. The A7 is a month old less than 1000 miles on the clock and approx £20,000 of the OTR price. What would you do?

Mike

The A4 was around £40,000 it was over spec'ed :flushed: and the A7 was £41,000

The A7 is physically a big car. Longer, wider, heavier, higher insurance and more expensive running costs.

And it doesn't have the virtual dash.

The next iteration of the A7 platform will likely be late 2017, your A4 B9 is brand new.

You need to decide what's right for you. Will it fit in the garage? :racer:

sorry should have said A7 is Black edition 3.0d 272 so running costs not much in it, A7 slightly cheaper?

The A7 also depreciates like a bomb whilst the A4 has one of the highest residuals on the market. After a very short space of time, the A4 will be worth more.

As above, are you getting any discount on the new A4? 15% should be easily achievable.

The A7 is a stunning car but very big! Struggled to park it anywhere when I had it as a courtesy car...

Then there's the fact its a diesel when the A4 is a petrol...quite a lot of differences here to weigh up between the cars TBH...

Thanks for your thoughts, as much as I like the A7 there is only me so I think I will stay with the A4.

Mike

Reactions: cuke2u
A7 because of the look, the A4 isn't that common a car yet but I'm sure there'll soon be loads on the road, whereas in the A7 they're exclusive. I know you've made your decision but just in case, 20k off the list price would also be a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interior A4, Exterior A7 :)