Intake manifold brd engine

James.c

Reaction score
Morning all, I posted a while back when I cleaned my intake mani and replaced the little diaphragm actuator on it to stop juddering.
I see a lot of 2.0 tdi's with the plastic manifolds buy our ali ones without those little flap things in them, are they prone to breaking? Do we need them and if I get a manifold without any does it need mapping out or anything? Mine still judders on full power when I change up a gear that's all just trying to solve that problem, might just be sticky vnt on the turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I have not done mine yet. But will be removing the shudder valve, ear valve 2and the manifolds so as to clean the ports and flaps. And yes whilst at this point replace actuator which is inexpensive.

There are a few detailed links on here or YouTube. Very simple to do. Just remember there is a conserved inlet manifold bolt which is actualy inside the manifold. It also will be covered in crud making it hard to see.

Yeah that actuator was cheap but there are manifolds with no flaps in the ports at all for about £40 I was wondering if they where worth fitting, my egr is disabled but I still have the asv all cleaned recently though just still get that judder now and again on full throttle through the gears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk