1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Insurance up for dash cam

adrian ab Jun 25, 2016

1. adrian ab

adrian ab Active Member Silver Supporter

Hi All just had a conversation with my insurer Diamond aka bell aka admiral to let them know that I have fitted a dash cam for my own safety and insurance reasons and obviously I ve asked for a discount on my insurance and the operator s answer was that I should pay £20 extra per year for it Isn t this crazy???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Scottyg

Scottyg Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver Audi A3 TDi S tronic

That's mental. Most offer discount if it's a particular make and model of cam but never heard of them putting it up!

4. adrian ab

adrian ab Active Member Silver Supporter

that s what I ve thought ..I ve had a bit of rant on them but who cares..the thing is that a few weeks ago I ve called them for my tinted and obviously they ve charged me £40 and yesterday I ve said that maybe I ll recover some£££ as a discount.. But it s not the caseCrazy world we livin'

5. DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

adrian ab likes this.
  6. AlexA4Avant

AlexA4Avant Active Member

Hi Dan does it have to be one of the branded ones to get the discount as I have a streetwise unit but it isn't listed in your list of cam

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

7. DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi, if you could send me some details I can see about getting your camera added to our list.

Kind Regards,
    Dan

8. AlexA4Avant

AlexA4Avant Active Member

Hi dan thanks for the reply my camera is a streetwise accessories HD in-vehicle video journey recorder model number po3473

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

9. Nathen

Nathen Active Member

my insurance company ageas who I'm with through sky insurance said that having a dashcam in my car doesn't effect my insurance positively or negatively.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

adrian ab likes this.
  10. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

lol that's crazy, I got 10% off for just ticking the box to say I have a dash cam!!!

adrian ab likes this.
  11. manganaj

manganaj New Member Team Glacier Audi A3 quattro TDi S-line owners group

Adrian Flux - will you add the Thinkware F770 to your approved device list?

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

The list is hardly exhaustive , some of the best £50-£100 dash cams aren't there, 1440P too .

14. DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Provided it is HD this should not be a problem.

Regards
    Dan

15. RS4 Cookie

RS4 Cookie Member

I recently contacted my insurer...Swiftcover, as I didn't have a dash cam fitted at time of renewal, (March) but fitted it around end of May of this year and also when I checked "my swiftspace" they had the car listed as being parked on the road overnight whereas it's actually in a locked garage overnight. So I made the alterations and hit "enter" expecting to see a reduction in the premium...they came back asking for an extra £18....WTF. So I hit the "cancel changes" button.. Total rip off insurance companies. It makes you wonder why there are so many uninsured drivers out there that have just said "**** you" to the insurance companies. The downside to that is all us "legal" drivers have to pay for it..

16. Scottyg

Scottyg Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver Audi A3 TDi S tronic

@RS4 Cookie the reason it went up is the cars less of an insurance risk on the road. If it's in your garage/driveway thieves know it's your car thus break into your house for the keys = higher risk!

17. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Just remember if you have a accident and its your fault there's evidence then that will go against you :whistle2:. That's what my insurance told me when I asked if I would get a discount next time. They said its very handy to have one until your to blame