Important GAP information

S32B

Reaction score
OK so I posted this in the 'General Automotive Chat' part of the forum, but as a lot of people in this forum only read this forum and the fact that the S3 is the most stolen car of 2016 this will be relevant to a lot of people in here, so please don't see it as a double post and remove it!

Expect a letter about your GAP cover.

I received one today from Motorway Direct (The Policy Administrator) and was a bit worried TBH, I called them and all is well :)

Obviously it will not affect everyone, but those that have GAP (or any other insurance) underwritten by Enterprise Insurance Company Plc should be getting a letter telling you that they went into liquidation late October.

I instantly worried that my car hasn't been covered since then! However, after a quick call they put my mind at rest saying that it was still covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, and that the cover has now been taken over by a new company called AM Trust International Underwriters, who carry an ‘A' rating for financial security. Nothing will change on your policy. The only difference is, a different insurance underwriter will be footing the bill should you ever need to make a claim.

Just thought I'd give you all a head up and put some minds at rest, as when you open the letter logical thinking goes out the window and a bit of panic sets in lol.

Reactions: ammo-mcr, TDI-line, Gordo77 and 2 others
Yeh i rang a couple of weeks ago too. I have a policy with them on my bike too so wanted to sort it. Turns out they've been inundated with these calls, as the original letter was so ambiguous.

Basically, if you had a policy, the company it was with has gone into liquidation but all active policies have been transferred to a sister company, which is underwritten by the same firm. No break in your policy, no changes or anything unless you have stipulated so. Even the claim number has stayed the same with the company I'm with. Most of it is legal jumbo they are legally obliged to send out. Doesn't make it any less scary when u get home to see ur insurance company becoming insolvent!!

ps my policy is with gapinsurance123

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Gordo77
I got a couple of explanation letters today, one for each car I have got covered...also originally covered by gapinsurance 123

Reactions: Audi Bairn